Look at my new carbon....

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2003, 05:35

Anonymous

http://www.mr2-roadster.de/Hosted/EYAL-MR2/Eyal-mr2.htm
soooo what do you think about it???
nice haaa?!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

[mod] inline pics changed to links [/mod]

Tem

Quote from: "EYAL-MR2"soooo what do you think about it???

Personally I don't like it at all. Looks like you've had an accident and happened to find a black hood, but couldn't afford to paint it  s:? :? s:?

Also, you should definitely get some side skirts (and front lip/bumper) to match that rear bumper...or cut the lowest parts out of the rear bumper, so it's not trying to match to the non-existant sideskirts  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

I agree with Tem and the SC guys, it needs painting IMHO  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

you could [possibly get away with it if you had cf hood, engine cover and wing so that all the top of the car was black (without hard top) but as it is it does look rather out of place?

agree on the req for skirts as well defo  :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous

I don't mind the CF (at least it's not matt).  Not sure about the extra venting mind.

Anonymous

i think it looks ok looks quite sporty   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

i dont like it either... sorry! I think it would look better colour coded (i know its CF but still.....)   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Thing is I think yellow and black go quite nicely, as do blue and silver... so don't mind the fact it's not yellow.

MR2Blue

Love the rear spoiler but agree the whole thing (IMHO) would look fabulous all the same colour.

Humble Jim

Quote from: "phil4"..Not sure about the extra venting mind.

Hey...is someone getting "turbo-ready" on the QT here   s:lol: :lol: s:lol: . That black surface would radiate away excess heat nicely and those vents would help flush the rest. Well it's a thought!
H&S Exhaust

Anonymous

I can see the point in the enlarged vents as it can get quite hot in there; especially in Israel.  Mind you, they make a bonnet that looks identical - what't the point in having vents at the front????

I think it would look miles better if the car was black...

aaronjb

Is it only me that just gets;

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page

when following those links, then?   s:( :( s:(
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"Is it only me that just gets;

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page
when following those links, then?   s:( :( s:(

Yes I am getting it too. mI just sent a PM about it.
The first time I looked at them they were there. Then they went about 2 mins later.

Very strange.

Then they came back again 5 mins later.

EDIT: uploaded the pictures to http://www.mr2-roadster.de/Hosted/EYAL-MR2/Eyal-mr2.htm

aaronjb

Even stranger - it's working for me now..

I like the design, I think, although it'd look out of place on a standard car.. But for my tastes, either it needs to be yellow, or the bonnet, hardtop and wing centre panel need to be CF to match..

It'd be interesting to do some windtunnel testing though, to see if that design actually extracts more air than standard or not - I have a feeling it probably just creates big eddys of air and traps more air in the engine bay than stock does..

I reckon those wheels look smaller than stock too - must be an optical illusion.

I do like the colour though - yellow is definitely growing on me, the exhaust looks cool too (which one is it, Eyal-MR2?), style bars look nice too, and I'm quite partial to that bodykit..

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Damd, someone else has bought a spoiler i like.

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I like it but would need to see it in the metal to decide about the colour differences. Looks OK in the pics but might be just too much in real life.

heathstimpson

I think the spoiler looks better than some of the iffy ones I've seen before. Makes the 02 rear lights look better in my opinion.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tem

Quote from: "heathstimpson"I think the spoiler looks better than some of the iffy ones I've seen before. Makes the 02 rear lights look better in my opinion.

Hmmmm...

The spoiler comes with new lights, they aren't the 02 lights anymore.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: