servicing intervals

Started by noddynurdle, December 30, 2003, 01:00

noddynurdle

I have a 2000 red (of course) with just over 6500 miles on the on the clock
i bought it second hand with 5500miles a month ago.
anyway my question
what sort of service should i have when the next service the 10000 or the 20000 as it will be 4 year old
many thanks for the help and interesting posts
Noddy
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

Anonymous

What service did it have last year?

As it's low mileage you should be running on the time period intervals... ie. once a year, so I'm presuimg that last year it had the equiv of a 30000/3year service... so now it'll be due a 40000/4year.

noddynurdle

so far it has had only 3x10000 mile servicies
it might go off it you touch it
2000 red/black second hand had 5500 on clock
now got 38000.
MODS after market valve caps, dynamatted focal 165a speakers, visor pluged, painted calipers and a set of Victor\'s bags.
oh and me nodding dog called spot.

GSB

I'd book it in for the major service, and make sure all the time related points are taken care of. I cant think of them off hand, but I know brake fluid should be replaced every 2 years, so that'll need doing.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Slacey

Agreed, if at this stage it has only effectively had oil changes, pay the extra and go for the major, it would be worth it in the long run IMO.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

The service record book says 4 years is a Full service (so should 2 years have been), they also list, as Grant says some others for replacement and inspection in the 4th year, gearbox and diff oil, air filter are three of them.

Anonymous

We are on 4269 miles since the 3rd of Jan, I am booking her in over the next week or so for her first service.  Exciting aint it...I will also be making a note of the milage when she goes in.

darrenjuggins

Thats poor craig.... Less than 5,000 Miles anyone would think you didn't like the car  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Wish mine was that low, I'd love it if I could only manage one service a year.....

Oh well, more time spent enjoying my toy....

I think most of the time the car will never move out of the workshop, I usually zero my clock and it's only ever had mile on it if I've asked for a road test, otherwise it gets it oil and filter changed and thats it.....

BTW - you supplying your own oil or going with what they put in ?

Cheers

Mr J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

The last two times I noted the mileage it did 25miles and 4 miles respecitvely.  No smell of MaccyD's for the first one though.

darrenjuggins

Was that your car or craigs.....

Craig, you have been warned about Maccy D's, you will turn into one....

Mr J
Darren A. Juggins

Anonymous

Quote from: "darrenjuggins"Was that your car or craigs.....

Mine  s:) :) s:)

Tags: