MR2ROC hacked again :( - please read.. change your passwords

Started by aaronjb, January 28, 2008, 00:05

aaronjb

Folks,

As you've probably seen we were hacked again.

I won't go into the technicalities now, but suffice to say our database was compromised - and this time not by a white-hat (friendly) hacker, but rather by someone with nefarious intentions.

Please, as a precaution, change your account password here - and anywhere else you use the same password - again, to prevent any unauthorised access to your online accounts.

We have taken further steps to hopefully prevent this from happening again in the future, and now have a number of additional mechanisms in place to protect us.

In the near future we will also likely be moving hosts to our own private server.  At that time we will look into implementing further server-based security systems to detect probable hacking attempts from usage patterns (I'll be looking at Apache's mod_security, for those of a technical persuasion - since I doubt we can afford a hardware WAF like F5's Application Security Module, or Imperva's SecureSphere).

Hopefully we'll be left alone for a little while now....
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

philster_d

Thankyou

darrenjuggins

Seconded... well done for getting us back up Aaron   s:D :D s:D
Darren A. Juggins

kentsmudger

Good job Aaron!  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Liz

Thank you Aaron, much appreciated!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

normanh

great job, but u lost me after word hacker!

normanh

spit

Aaron, you're a star. Well done matey.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Cheers mate, many are those of us who owe you a beer!

richbay

good work, what would we do without you?

Anonymous

Well done Aaron - never knew how much i used this site (and missed it) until  it was gone!

Nathan

loadswine

Nice one Aaron mate!
Looks like you got home okay yesterday evening and still had time to sort this. That's dedication !   s8) 8) s8)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

SimonC_Here

Now I have something to do!

Simon

Wabbitkilla

Well done Aaron, much thanks   s:D :D s:D  

I can get a Qualsys pen test report for the site if you want.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

edward.carter

Thanks  s8) 8) s8)    s:D :D s:D

Jigwar

Top work Aaron.

Many thanks,

Steve
Jigwar
Past: \'51 plate
Present: \'06 plate TTET\'ed

NorthandSouth

Thanks for all your hard work Aaron..its great to be back...now you deserve a rest   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

celmacmat

Well done Aaron, you are our knight in shinny armor   s:D :D s:D
Celine
Black Porsche 968 Club Sport

tonigmr2

Good job getting it back up guys.
T
Yellow 55 with hardtop and aircon!

DannyN

Aaron,  you are the man!

great job

Danny
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Silverman

Many thanks Aaron for a great deal of work.  I wish the Club could reward you in a more meaningful way?  S'man.
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

northernalex

Good work Aaron!!! Now how do I post a pint to someone over the internet?
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Good work  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

red_leicester

Yes, excellent work that man.

High Five!
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for all your hard work Aaron. Much appreichiated!

Anonymous

Thanks Aaron - Great job.

Tags: