Your best purchase?

Started by uktotty, February 4, 2008, 14:12

uktotty

After reading all the many mods people have purhcased, what would your best mod be so far?
For performance, value, appearance etc.
Mine has got to be the Mongos, I have gained more value from a pair of plastic triangles than any other mod on my car!
My Unichip is on its way so that may change???

markiii

it's a tie

flywheel and short shifter
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Turbo and bits for the interior.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Mine was the spoiler and the flywheel. I'm having two as well  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

Turbo and Sabelt Harness's
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Stifler

TTE Springs   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

loadswine

V6!   s:D :D s:D
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

DannyN

Cams and Teins
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"Mine has got to be the Mongos, I have gained more value from a pair of plastic triangles than any other mod on my car!

Excuse my ignorance but, what's a Mongos?

kanujunkie

Mongo is a guy over at spyderchat who makes these little triangular pieces of perspex that go in the corner of the A-pillar and door to prevent some of the wind that buffets around the edge
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

DannyN

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Mongo is a guy over at spyderchat who makes these little triangular pieces of perspex that go in the corner of the A-pillar and door to prevent some of the wind that buffets around the edge

Definitely a must have !
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Peter Wright

Quote from: "DannyN"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"Mongo is a guy over at spyderchat who makes these little triangular pieces of perspex that go in the corner of the A-pillar and door to prevent some of the wind that buffets around the edge

Definitely a must have !

Especially if you smoke as much as Liz   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

evileye_wrx

If we get 2 I'd say a turbo for (just) under a grand and Carbon fibre side intakes, which began my fetish   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

alancdavis

Custom seats and TTE bumper..  s8) 8) s8)
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Got to be my TTE springs. Dont know why I didn't get em sooner.

Also love my mongos.

Wabbitkilla

Several - in order...

Membership of this club  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Tein s-tech springs
Janspeed Exhaust
Toyo T1Rs
Lightened Flywheel
Short shifter
Markii pipe
e-Manage Ultimate
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Maybe my TTE springs will be my number 2 then!
Doesnt anyone like their Unichip?

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "uktotty"Maybe my TTE springs will be my number 2 then!
Doesnt anyone like their Unichip?

Love mine, but then again I haven't got my springs fitted yet!

For value for money though, Mongos and Bamas clear wind deflector have to rate highly.

Simon

loadswine

Agreed on the deflector Simon, did a lot of miles with the top down on Saturday and it made a huge difference.
Amazing when you think how little it cost.
That'll be my number 2 then.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

evileye_wrx

Bama's are especially good, especially when you think he still has time to make them while running for President of the USA   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Driver upgrade by way of Andy Walsh - best mod you can get imho.

Followed by the breast plate or hard top i think. Then the Toyo's.

Liz

Quote from: "Peter Wright"
Quote from: "DannyN"

Definitely a must have !

Especially if you smoke as much as Liz   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Cheeky basket - I gave up on August 19th and have not had one since, you can take that comment back!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
As it happens I have taken the Mongos out for the winter as I find that they stop the windows defogging properly and I as I don't need them to stop smoke blowing around they are in my glove box until the summer!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

firepower

best mod so far 100% TTE Turbo   s:) :) s:) s  per pound ratio 10 to 1
01 tte turbo, sp exhaust and down pipe, tte springs 190hp more power soon ? 205lb/ft
1/4 mile 14.6 s @ 90 .55 mph  ( at drag strip )

Draggon

Mongo's followed by TTE Springs  s:) :) s:)  closely followed by David's Style Chrome Hoops
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

heathstimpson

Springs and bracing  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: