A Tough Decision

Started by Anonymous, December 31, 2003, 21:08

Anonymous

nah... i know that if i do i can see myself signing whereever they tell me to!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I am tempted though (and might take the VX220 turbo out for a drive too... not to buy, just to thrash!)   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I am tempted though (and might take the VX220 turbo out for a drive too... not to buy, just to thrash!)   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
There are only two demo cars in the country apparently (my friends is a salesman at the local Vauxhall dealer), I've already asked - and they only get sent to a particular dealer if the customer is reckoned to be genuine (this harks back to the discussion a few weeks ago  s:? :? s:?  ), there are plenty of standard VX demos though....  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

OK - heres what happend today.

We took out an A4 again, and a 307CC, and an astra convertable.  We drove to each of the dealers in the 2.

After each drive we throughly thrashed the pants of the 2.  And noted how many people we drove past looked at us.  All test drives none - The 2 eight people!.

We then went to lunch to a nice pub and had dinner - to discuss.

We are NOW considering a completely different approach.  Keep the 2, and sell the focus.  This gives us huge savings a year.  We have tried to think of reasons when we possitively have to have the focus and we reckon on these occasions we can just hire a car.

We have sort of come to the conclusion that we use the focus more, because its outside the door and more convient than walking round the back of the house to the garage.

So tonight we are going to be doing a pro's and con's list.  Although after keep walking back to that gorgeous 2 in each of the car parks we stopped in, I think we are now heavily biased to keeping it and just getting rid of the focus.

Oh, and as we will get around £5k - £6k for the focus, that means spending money - QUE BUSTER!!!! we want a CD changer and probably get rid of the fisher price crap.

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Duplicate post - DOH!

juansolo

A wise decision.  You'll be suprised how rarely it is that you really *need* a more practical car.  It's mainly picking things up and moving big things around which is easily solved by getting it delivered or hiring a van.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Anonymous

Nice one!

Liz

Glad to hear that you may be keeping the '2, mine is my everday car and if I need to get something big around I just borrow my mums car or take out Simons Eunos if I need a boot, the occasions where I need a bigger car are few and far between. Our dog reg comes out with us sometimes in the '2 and in the summer he loves it and has even got his own dog seatbelt...sad but true and saves the worry of him jumping out, you could get one of those for Neo.  As for the looks, I have noticed - more so since I had the hardtop on that the car gets looks all the time.  One bloke in a car park the other day was so confused by the J Spec badge on the front that he wandered around the back to see what the car was, that was his excuse when I asked him what he was doing!!  I pointed out the sticker on the windscreen as a bit of a clue...keep it, they are so few and far between on the road and you would blend into the crowd with the other cars, and that would not be you!!  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

i shall be there will bells on craige to fit a HUGE install   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

na just a h/u upgrade with CD changer new front speakers all of a small 2 channel amp dynomat throughout you will have chnage from £600

Oh but you may want the GB on the under dash sub then we can get some bass in that baby   s:P :P s:P

Slacey

I've followed this thread without posting so far, and even though you haven't quite commited yet, I knew you would make the right decision  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Already have the dog seat belt, but she actually loves sitting in the passenger foot well of the two when we are both in it.

Not 100% sure, but think that this is what we will do.  Would be gutted to have to get rid of it.  I just pointed out that famous window sticker and said I couldnt let the club down   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Cant split the twins up anyway craig!   s:D :D s:D

Tags: