2nd car insurance

Started by Mason Storm, February 13, 2008, 13:39

Mason Storm

It's been a while since I posted on the forum as I traded my 2 in last October and got a Mini Cooper S.

However I really miss the driving experiance of my 2 so I'm toying with the idea of buying a 2000 registered 2 as a second car. My dilema is that I have no idea how I should go about insuring the 2 as a second car maybe on limited mileage. I'm with Adrian flux for the Cooper but they don't offer a dual car insurance.

Any advice is welcome.
Silver 01, Che manifold, Sp Exhaust, markii pipe & TRD filter , Braided Hoses. Corky FSTB

Mason Storm

Well after finally getting through to Adrian Flux they are offering me a rate of £329 based on a limited mileage cover of 5,000 miles per year. This seems pretty good as they are giving me the same NCB as my other policy. I just need to do my finances and hopefully start looking for an MR2.
Silver 01, Che manifold, Sp Exhaust, markii pipe & TRD filter , Braided Hoses. Corky FSTB

Anonymous

Try having one Dual car Insurance. Dual Car Insurance is cover that insures two vehicles in a single plan and is perfect for households that own tow cars. Most of us live hectic lifestyles that leave us with little time leave alone managing different insurance plans. A dual insurance plan allows you to manage your cover properly. Now you have one renewal date to remember and one company to call in case you need it. So, with Dual Car Insurance plan you not only save good money but also lots of time. And, in case, you decide to sell one of the cars then your policy and premium rates will be adjusted accordingly.

Anonymous

or sell the mini and buy a 2. in this weather the 2 will always win lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "sarahcoles"Try having one Dual car Insurance. Dual Car Insurance is cover that insures two vehicles in a single plan and is perfect for households that own tow cars. Most of us live hectic lifestyles that leave us with little time leave alone managing different insurance plans. A dual insurance plan allows you to manage your cover properly. Now you have one renewal date to remember and one company to call in case you need it. So, with Dual Car Insurance plan you not only save good money but also lots of time. And, in case, you decide to sell one of the cars then your policy and premium rates will be adjusted accordingly.

Mods, this is spam.

AmeR

^^ got to admire the stupidity of some people!! Especially based in California on a UK site!!

stargazer30

We run a dual car policy with admiral on the Micra and Civic, it did work out a fair bit cheaper.  The main watch out for the Op is he won't have any no claims on the 2nd car, some companies offer an introductory bonus when you first start though.

I'm in the same boat I really want another MR2 but it would have to be a 2nd (or third in our case) car.

Interesting ot hear the mini cooper is lacking compared to the MR2 I'd have thought that's as close as you'd get with a modern FWD.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

Chris_h

Quote from: "stargazer30"We run a dual car policy with admiral on the Micra and Civic, it did work out a fair bit cheaper.  The main watch out for the Op is he won't have any no claims on the 2nd car, some companies offer an introductory bonus when you first start though.

I'm in the same boat I really want another MR2 but it would have to be a 2nd (or third in our case) car.

Interesting ot hear the mini cooper is lacking compared to the MR2 I'd have thought that's as close as you'd get with a modern FWD.

Same boat as you - admiral didnt come up with a good quote for both cars, but A flux mirrored no claims (without risking them) for a limited mileage policy on the 2.

their price was only £30 more than the best price on confused.com if i was using my full no claims on the car, so cant argue with that
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

aaronjb

I did that with Flux for the Omega - unfortunately come renewal time I've only got 1yrs NCB on the Omega (so it wasn't really mirrored, just an introductory discount on the first years policy) .. so the insurance is still ridiculously overpriced.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

skyinsurance

Quote from: "Mason Storm"It's been a while since I posted on the forum as I traded my 2 in last October and got a Mini Cooper S.

However I really miss the driving experiance of my 2 so I'm toying with the idea of buying a 2000 registered 2 as a second car. My dilema is that I have no idea how I should go about insuring the 2 as a second car maybe on limited mileage. I'm with Adrian flux for the Cooper but they don't offer a dual car insurance.

Any advice is welcome.

Feel free to give my company a call, we can look at a limited mileage 'mirrored NCB' policy for you.

Thanks
Contact us:

TEL: 03303 331250
WEB: www.skyinsurance.co.uk
EMAIL: http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/

YOU CAN ALSO SEND US A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

Tags: