Not quite such a tough decision

Started by zud, January 1, 2004, 19:51

zud

The good news is that I'm not quite in the same position as Craig... the 2's here to stay!!  Phew!!

But the bad news is that my wife's Focus is getting a bit small now that my daughters are taller than my wife, and my father-in-law needs ferrying about quite regularly.  Oh, and there's our dog that weighs 39kgs.  So my decision is what to buy instead of the Focus?

The Focus C-max would give us a more room... but I tend not to buy brand new.  We could go for an espace or something, but we both enjoy driving... I'd be OK as I get to drive my 2 to work etc, but I'm not sure an Espace is my wife's style either.  Any ideas?  Something with more space, still OK to drive, looks OK, doesn't break the bank, can take a roof box when necessary?  Is there such a car?

Oh, and Happy New Year!!
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

As you've got a focus... what about a step up to a mondeo?

Failing that, anything in that class with a good rep.  

Possibly even an estate.

Anonymous

My mate has a mondeo estate, 2.0 litre, quite quick very spacey!

MRMike

Admittedly not masses of luggae space but a Honda HRV are rather cool i reckon or if you want to stay away from SUV's how about an alfa 156 estate?
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

BMW 3 series roomy and looks   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"BMW 3 series roomy and looks   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

And you pay for it!

Tem

Quote from: "zud"Any ideas?  Something with more space, still OK to drive, looks OK, doesn't break the bank, can take a roof box when necessary?  Is there such a car?

Over here the popular answer to those questions is this:
 m http://www.volvocars.co.uk/Showroom/V40/ m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: