Short Shifter

Started by uktotty, February 19, 2008, 14:37

uktotty

LOL Cheers Liz, might have to try this myself  s:) :) s:)

MR-S

The TRD short shifter combined with the brass bushings from 2's r us makes a world of difference. Feels like the gear shift is tough and aggressive.
TRD lip kit, Che Headers, TRD rear Brace, NGK Plugs, TRD oil filter, Facelift side Vents, Key hole covers.

uktotty

Anyone got the instructions??????????

Liz

Quote from: "uktotty"Anyone got the instructions??????????

Why did we ever bother putting a Technical library with a "How to.." section onto the forum??
No one appreciates the work or even bothers to look  s:? :? s:?  The instructions for fitting a short shifter are in there.  Was going to post a link but now that I have pointed you in the right direction you can find it!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

following takeing out all the centre console trim, just disconnect the 2 cables at the bottom and side, then unbolt the whole cage from the floor, to release the shifter itself you need to carefully pry off the star washer on the side and punch out the roll pin as well, if i remember rightly thats it, just reverse the removal and put in the pucks under the cage
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

uktotty

Sorry Liz
I did read the tech library but could only find the B&M one which Markiii assures me is a far better product than the cheap old ebay crap I purchased.
If however the fitting instructions for the cheapo ebay one are the same as that for the super duper B&M one I will gladly follow those instructions!

uktotty

Quote from: "kanujunkie"following takeing out all the centre console trim, just disconnect the 2 cables at the bottom and side, then unbolt the whole cage from the floor, to release the shifter itself you need to carefully pry off the star washer on the side and punch out the roll pin as well, if i remember rightly thats it, just reverse the removal and put in the pucks under the cage

Thanks Stu  s:) :) s:)

uktotty

All finished!  s:) :) s:)

Tags: