Eek....deposit is down

Started by Anonymous, January 2, 2004, 14:24

Anonymous

Errrr, interesting day to say the least.

Had test drive of a pre facelift MR2 today (but want a facelifted on). Enjoyed it (albeit a bit short). Came back had a think, couldn't think of another car that I liked the look of, driving position and was withing budget so thought OK, will get an MR2 then.

Dealer just rang up, agreed price on phone on a brand new one, left deposit   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Missus is as shocked as me   s:D :D s:D    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Just got to wait and hope that when I was told it is 95% certain I have got a new job (after taking redundancy in March) that I have! Failing that, I will lose the 500 quid deposit but have some money to live for a bit   s:( :( s:(  

As to whether I paid a good price or not, I dare not put it as I'm sure I could have got more off cos I didn't haggle much (crap at it  s:( :( s:( )

Spec is : Silver Metallic, Red Cloth, A/C, Hard Top, Mats, Flaps, Full tank of petrol. I've asked for TTE springs but they will be extra, but not as much as list (I was told). Price without the springs came to £17750 OTR.

Scary amount of cash considering I said I would never spend that amount on a car again, and originally set myself a budget of £10k. Still, you only live once   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Off down the shops now to spend more money   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

MR2john

Hi Hanslow,
You won't regret your new purchase these baby's are sheer exitement.  s:D :D s:D   I really like the Lotus Ellise but not the cost, & to be perfectly honest the MR2 Roadster is as as close you can get without shedding that extra bit of cash. You're gonna love it.  s:) :) s:)   Have a great time in your new toy & I hope the job situation works out for you.
Vrooooooom------------

Regards

John
Ruby Red Lotus Elise Sport Tourer

Anonymous

what reg is it if you dont mind me asking as i have seen a y reg silver smt with hard top,tte exhaust,red cloth for £13.999 at my local dealer and add another £300.00 on top for a set of lowering springs.

Slacey

Congratulations, and the price sounds OK to me  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

For brand new that sounds pretty good.  Hope you're as amazed at the drive as I was when I first got mine.

Anonymous

where are my manners.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:   i hope you enjoy it as much as i have.every time i get in the car i have a smile on my face.hope you enjoy it a much as me.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "phil4"For brand new that sounds pretty good.  Hope you're as amazed at the drive as I was when I first got mine.

Actually it goes further than that.  I remeber walking into the garage for the first time and looking at my sparkly new motor and thinking "wow... <insert choice set of expletives>, is that really mine!"

Anonymous

Wait to you get it - just remember the smile exersises about a week before you pick it up - you will need them, as you are constantly smiling!

Anonymous

Jonboy, I assume it will be on a 53 plate as it's brand new.

My driving has calmed down a bit since Scoob owning days, but even just sitting in the display model in the showroom brought a smile to my face   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Once the job gets agreed, which I'm hoping I can have verbal confirmation of a definite position early next week, I will be grinning madly   s:D :D s:D  

Slacey, thanks for confirmation on price. I was worrying I had jumped in too early. I can afford it, and it'll have 3 years of warranty so should last me a while.

filcee

Just to confirm what Slacey said - that IS a good price.  Seriously.  It's nearly the same spec as mine, I bought in the summer and paid a lot more   s:shock: :shock: s:shock: .  And I thought I could haggle. Bugger!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Well done.  You'll enjoy it all the more for knowing that  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

that is a good price for a '53 reg.well done and happy driving.

Anonymous

Thanks all   s:) :) s:)  

Sorry if it's peeved people cos they paid more   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I just fret about these things   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Better get hassling my job agent on Monday for info   s:D :D s:D

Tags: