16" alloys at the front

Started by Anonymous, March 2, 2008, 16:40

Anonymous

Hi all,

Just thinking about fitting some of the 16" wheels, which come as standard on post 03 models, at the front! I wondered if there were any implications in terms of handling/rubbing etc? I've just recently had my car lowered 30mm on Tein springs, so thought this may also come into play!

Craig

Anonymous

they are 7" wide ... are you sure you want to do that?
What about stagger?

Jaik

Yeah, they will reduce the stagger somewhat unless you went for wider rear wheels too as the actual contact patch of the tyre is fairly dependant on the wheel width. Just something to bear in mind if you do go ahead  s:) :) s:)

What tyre sizes were you thinking of going for?

northernalex

Think of the extra unsprung weight too. Youd probably have to get wider tyres on the back to maintain the stagger, to avoid ending up in a ditch.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

To be honest guys it was just a thought and I wanted to put the feelers out on people's opinions! From the response, I'm thinking it probably isn't the direction to take!!

Anonymous

They fit fine, I have them on mine and have had no issues what so ever and I have done over 6000miles since putting them on.  

Just rememebr to keep the tyres staggered. I am running 205/45 front and 225/45 rear. You lose a little bit of steering feel but I find that its not as twitchy on country roads as it was with the 15" rims.

markiii

Quote from: "andy b"They fit fine, I have them on mine and have had no issues what so ever and I have done over 6000miles since putting them on.  

Just rememebr to keep the tyres staggered. I am running 205/45 front and 225/45 rear. You lose a little bit of steering feel but I find that its not as twitchy on country roads as it was with the 15" rims.

if you do that then it's no worse than how many people run 17"

ideally keep teh wheel stagger as well, but you can get away with it as above
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

carl_evs

I run 16 on the front and 17 on the rear and dont have a problem and I'm lowered on TTE springs.
As mentioned t you want to keep the stagger. If Andy hasn't had any issues you shouldn't, he likes to get his foot down and hasn't (touch lots of wood) had any 'incidents'!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

Anonymous

Andy b... you're just near me! In Ingleby Barwick, not far at all from stockton and darlo!

Anonymous

There are loads of MR2's around this area but there are only a couple of us on the forum regularly, me and Jonny5.

If you need any help with anything just give me a shout. Im quite handy with the spanners and can fix most things on the MR2.  s:D :D s:D

Tags: