Headlights - One side dimmer?

Started by MRMike, January 2, 2004, 23:05

MRMike

I was following/racing/trying to keep up (delete where appropriate) my dad last night and he called me to say that the passenger side headlamp looked a lot dimmer than the drivers.  I thought that it might be to do with the projector being focussed in a particular way, but it does seem dimmer when looking at it stationary.  I'll get it checked when it goes in but is this a common thing, has anyone else found this?

Cheers,

Mike
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I don't think it's actually dimmer, but more that the light is focused in a different place. All modern cars do this: it's something to do with not blinding other cars/pedestrians (I forget which way round!), and you have to get the special covers for your lamps if you want to drive the car abroad.

MRMike

Yeah thats what i thought with the placement of the projector etc, but it does look quite a bit 'dimmer' thanks for the reply anyways
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Had mine one earlier as I tucked her up in the garage, and looked head on and they looked just the same to me.

Nice avanta Mike!  Very arty!

MRMike

I try CS ! Just bought a new camera so I've been messing about with it, and what with the new avatar regs I thought i'd update! Yours isn't looking too bad!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Thanx for the reply as well! I'll defo get them checked!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Slacey

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"...and what with the new avatar regs I thought i'd update!
You've got the dimensions the wrong way round though Mike; it's 80 pixels max wide, 200 max tall, yours is 80 tall and 106 wide.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

After going to all that work with the arty photo! Cheers for the info Sean though Sean!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

Tags: