Mr2 First Impressions.

Started by juansolo, January 3, 2004, 17:21

juansolo

Out of sheer bordom I've decided to put that article I wrote up on t'internet (I think I posted it up in text form last year sometime).  I've also redone the pictures so they're no longer hosted by BaT.  They're a little larger and higher quality so it takes a little while longer to load.  If it's too slow I'll re do them without the resource forks and whatnot for the 56k crowd.  Also the clickable pictures are now much bigger.

Quite amusing to read 15,000 miles on.  I will do a one year on update in March as I have plenty to write about.

enjoy!

http://www.juansolo.demon.co.uk/Mr2/MR2FI.html

...It was so, so shiny then...
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Slacey

You're getting to be a bit of a dab hand at these articles John - nice on-track pics too!
I look forward to the update.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

juansolo

The side-on track pic I can't take credit for (I'm driving for a start...), that was taken by Gary at Picture Management (http://www.picman.co.uk) who is a bit of a star.  The second was mine after I let a friend lose in the car so I could photograph it.

Edited to add:  It seems demons webspace has been down since last night so the above link isn't working.  Slightly annoying as I've made the pictures a little more modem friendly and wanted to upload them   s:( :( s:(

Editied again:  ...and the fix it after I get to work.  Grr!

juansolo

Finally traced the problem to tabbed browsing in Safari (Apples browser) driving my router insane requiring a reboot, not with demon at all!  How very, very odd.  Probably some route caching issue or something...  Gawd knows.

Anyhow it's now a little more modem friendly now.

You can also waste minutes checking up how cars stack up against each other in my power to weight table http://www.juansolo.demon.co.uk/P2W/P2W.html

Anonymous

That power-to-weight page doesn't seem to display properly on my browser (IE6), each of the table rows is too small, so the text overlaps.... making it very hard to read.

juansolo

I'll have a mess.  It's ok on Safari, IE and Camino on the Mac.  I'll fire up the PC and see if I can make it PC friendly.

Anonymous

Phil is right, doesnt work.... badly created style sheets (thats what you get for using Excel HTML   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

Loose the style sheets that excel creates and it will fall into place correctly.

HTH

Tem

Looks just fine with Opera  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Looks just fine with Opera  s8) 8) s8)

yeah, but opera sucks with anything decent!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

fixed:

m http://www.mr2-roadster.co.uk/rocstuff/P2W.htm m

feel free to copy and paste the code into your web page and i'll delete it off my server.

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"yeah, but opera sucks

I love stuff that sucks  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

(actually that fixed version looks just about the same, only the table is centered)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"I love stuff that sucks  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Lowering the tone again - thats what i like to see!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "Tem"(actually that fixed version looks just about the same, only the table is centered)

Its some of the worst HTML ive ever seen - im surprised any of it worked at all (no offence juansolo, just Excels bad efforts to create HTML)

juansolo

None taken.  I blame Excel as knowing booger all HTML, I took the easy way out.  As it is, Excel on the PC made a better job of it than Excel on the Mac so it's now up there and it looks ok on both.  Doing it this way makes it easier to edit and update anyhow.

Does it look ok for everyone now?

Think I've solved my bloody router issue.  Dodgy connector on it I think, just coincidence I was doing things in Safari at the time.  *seems* to be stable for the second anyhow.

There are some pictures in the desktops link now also http://www.juansolo.demon.co.uk/desktops/dthome.html

Looks like I'm going to have to do something about them also as they sort themselves out on the Mac but not in IE on the PC.  This is a PITA and why I've avoided such things until now.  Grrr!  Any ideas how I can either get themselves to sort themselves out or have a couple of columns going down the screen?

Can you tell I'm bored...?

Edited:  Oh, sorted that.  Dead easy really.  Lost all motivation now.  Ah well.

Anonymous

What the hell is a Jedi R1?

Anonymous

Quote from: "juansolo"Does it look ok for everyone now?

Yep.  Thanks!

juansolo

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"What the hell is a Jedi R1?

Single seat slicks and wings hillclimb car.  Bike powered and they weigh nothing at all.  He's just dropped a standard Yamaha R1 engine into it.  Once it's all up and runnning reliably TTS do a carb re-jet package that takes it to 175bhp.  Should be absolutely terrifying, how does 583bhp/ton sound!

Below pic is not his car BTW, it's just the best pic I could find.

Tags: