MR2 Newbie

Started by Anonymous, January 4, 2004, 16:45

Humble Jim

I'm actually not too disappointed with the 03 stereo. It's possible to upgrade to something better always but quite honestly the stock stereo causes me no issues. It plays my CDs OK and the radio does its job. It's not something that irritates.

There's good advice on the forum on how to upgrade the unit (and speakers) but for me the 2 is not a target for turning into a top notch hifi zone. Besides I like to listen to 2 specific noises...like the wind and engine   s:) :) s:) .

The only thing I've changed (sound wise as it were) is to upgrade to an H&S exhaust...
H&S Exhaust

filcee

Nope, the Cat's Whisker is still in there somewhere ...
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

heathstimpson

Quote from: "David Watson"My company car is a Golf GT TDi 150BHP chipped to 185BHP my god does it go, but a bit of a handfull in winter conditions. Doing on average 1000 miles per week it returns 54mpg.
I've driven the 150BHP and thats pretty dam fast  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Does the extra from the chip make a lot of difference  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys - I'll give the stereo the benefit of the doubt for a couple of months at least, anyway. First investment will have to be a Bluetooth handsfree kit - anyone had any experience of fitting one of these to a Roadster?

Found out yesterday that delivery is now 20th January - reallly looking forward to seeing the Sable/black leather for the first time! Hope the weather improves  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

Phil Dyes your man
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Hi Testcard,

Which dealer are you buying your car from?

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Hi

Sims Toyota in Northampton.

Tags: