Calling Carbon-Phil.. or anyone else who likes CF..

Started by aaronjb, March 21, 2008, 10:56

aaronjb

Here's one for you, Phil:

Quotei own with my partener a toyota mr2 2003 model, also we have a body shop here in romania specializate in carbon fiber. first of all we made all the body out of carbon, we eliminated the soft top and putted and hard top carbon fiber witch we made, interior, we took out the airbags and made the dash from carbon, the lights we made custom and ended really really nice looking.

Apparently the car got down to 700Kg after all that!

Anyway, more over on SC here

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Romania..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Now that IS interesting!

Can't wait to see pixxures
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

thats elise s1 weight   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris_h

That is impressive.

Although I have often thought that taking a basic MR2 to VX220 spec, there wouldn't be much difference in weight.

i.e
975kg stock - minus
- Airbags *2
- Fit race seats *2
- remove spare, jack, wrench etc
- Remove mirror motors
- Remove central door locking motors
- Remove power windows
- Remove sound deadening

c. 75kg?

Of course it isnt really feasible and fairly pointless (as all the bracing would weigh a fair bit), but it does show that for all its fancy construction the vx, S2 Elise isn't that much lighter.
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Anonymous

And the Elise would still handle better.  s;) ;) s;)

Can't wait to see some pics of this, could be awesome.

northernalex

Sounds good, but where are the pics!!!  s:( :( s:(
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Jaik

Quote from: "Chris_h"Of course it isnt really feasible and fairly pointless (as all the bracing would weigh a fair bit), but it does show that for all its fancy construction the vx, S2 Elise isn't that much lighter.
You said it yourself, the bracing would weigh a fair bit. That's where the Elise/VX are impressive, that they're fairly light and very stiff. Even a fully braced and caged MR2 probably won't be as stiff as a stock Elise.

Tags: