1st Service

Started by Anonymous, January 5, 2004, 20:48

Anonymous

Well, its due!  Not because its done 10,000 miles, but cos its a year old!

Question is, is there anything I should ask them to check (not being car minded).

The woman on the phone reckoned it doesnt take very long, and she said it gets a full oil change....is this right?.

I am going to complain bitterly about the state of my calipers which look horrid, and the disks which look slightly rusty (bit crap considering its only done 4365 miles, yep thats right we have done over a hundred miles since xmas!)

Anonymous

Well my alloys had started to bubble/corrode by my first service and that was under a year. Just look for little bubbles near the edges of the spokes.

A full oil and oil filter change is about all there is to a first service as regards consumables. You can save yourself a bit if you buy the oil yourself (4L). Ask them how much they charge but you should get Castrol or Shell semi (if that is your preference) cheaper than what they charge.

As you have less than 5K on the clock I wouldn't bother necessarily with the air filter but reckon I will change mine every 10K in future.

Anonymous

Cheers for that, I guess these days they plug in the computer for the rest of it.  The woman reckons I can wait while they do it.

Slacey

It usually only takes an hour, two top - as said before it is basically an oil change and visual inspection.
As for the disks, you might strike lucky with replacements, the calipers are a finicky area - some will just ignore / say it's normal. others will paint them without hassle (mine did).
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: