Parts stolen from Skipton...

Started by Wabbitkilla, April 1, 2008, 18:35

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Ekona"Soooo... Has anyone rung the number yet?   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

just goes to answering machine but then it is outside of work hours, cant beleive this one Nic, people really take the p*ss nowadays

Which number did you call Stu, the landline?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

DannyN

OMG! cant believe this has happenend Nic, hope you get some sort of result pal

I hate toe-rags!
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

kanujunkie

landline on the 562502 number
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

alancdavis

Quote from: "Liz":shock: Simon just read this thread and there is apparently big bucks in the material inside the cats - where he works the cats are being cut off of lorries and vans whilst they are parked up overnight.
Just to lighten the subject ,,if the innards are so valuable may be they will be interested in decating some members cars  FOC    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just trying to cheer you up,,  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Liz

Quote from: "alancdavis"
Quote from: "Liz":shock: Simon just read this thread and there is apparently big bucks in the material inside the cats - where he works the cats are being cut off of lorries and vans whilst they are parked up overnight.
Just to lighten the subject ,,if the innards are so valuable may be they will be interested in decating some members cars  FOC    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Sorry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just trying to cheer you up,,  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

The catalytic converter Alan - not the precats  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

aaronjb

Ah it was funny, Liz  s;) ;) s;)

Anyway - I imagine the same is true of the precats, as it's the precious metals they want from them AFAIK - and the only difference between pre (ceramic) and main (metal, I think - though ours could be ceramic actually) is that the precious metal catalysts are bonded to a different substrate  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Liz

Quote from: "kanujunkie"definatley a good number they just tried to call back! didn't bother answering though

My call system at work is anonymous for numbers - shall I call them throughout the night!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Ours are ceramic and abit of cotton wool - I still have a piece of pre-cat from my silver one!

Wabbitkilla

Police called back at 21:45 to say they're sorry, but have been really busy. Which i understand, i know i wouldn't want the abuse they get every day. There was some line marking being done on a roundabout not far away at the end of the Steeton / Silsden bypass dual carriageway and the lining lorry caught fire on the roundabout at rush time.

They asked if i wanted to go up to the station tonight or tomorrow. I't's been so long now i'm going tomorrow with my excellent neighbour and all the evidence. It has given us time to glean the info you've seen so far, so it all helps the boys in blue in their job.

I'm not really upset, yes there is an intrinsic value in what's been nicked, but i'd rather make sure that the scumbag is made unable to steal something someone really needs.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

enid_b

nic,

very sorry to hear about this mate. that must be why u were busy earlier.  like you say its not the items stolen but the thought of being robbed which would tick me off most.  intially i thought it was an elaborate aprils fool.  they will be caught, maybe not for this job, but some sort of karma will catch up on them rest assured.

J

Quote from: "alancdavis"If they had parked on double yellows whilst robbing you,,,,,,,THEN plod wiould be interested   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

alan,

lets not take it out on the filth,  as you should know its not their fault, and additionally, parking was decriminalised in about 2002, so its not in their remit anymore.  its now just a money making scheme for local councils.  the 5-0 have enough to deal with without insensitive remarks like those mate.

E
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

kanujunkie

Quote from: "enid_b"
Quote from: "alancdavis"If they had parked on double yellows whilst robbing you,,,,,,,THEN plod wiould be interested   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

alan,

lets not take it out on the filth,  as you should know its not their fault, and additionally, parking was decriminalised in about 2002, so its not in their remit anymore.  its now just a money making scheme for local councils.  the 5-0 have enough to deal with without insensitive remarks like those mate.

E

and its just been put back in this week, cant remember the specifics but park on a double yellow and your nicked

Good idea Ste, i dont want to agrevate them whilst giving out my number
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

enid_b

from the bbc website

".....It's also a politically-charged issue, he says, because local authorities are in charge and some treat a parking offence like the driver has robbed a million pounds.... "

but i think you missed my point stu

J
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

Wabbitkilla

I rarely criticise our boys in blue, they have a job to do that can be challenging, arduous, sensitive and rarely get a good word for doing it.

Ok, they've been slow to react this time, but their time is taken up by so much political crud these days. They have been there very quickly in a time of extreme need for me and they deserve every credit for that.

Remember the police don't make the rules, corrupt politicians do.

Just given my statement and my neighbour is in now doing the same.

roger

Sorry to hear of aggro Nic, as you say the principle is the thing.

Probably end up as "insufficient evidence" though (pessimists hat on).
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Wabbitkilla

I know Roger, but the way I see it is if they at least the Police are more vigilant about the problem of cruising vans and individuals then that is a result.

Even if they make enqiries with the holder of the van it's a warning shot to these people that we know they're around and we're ready for them.

Wabbitkilla

Update : Police know the van is registered with a "Mitchell" in Keighley (not far away).
They're going to check any variations of the plate for alternatives but will be paying him a visit. Not K Mitchell, but possibly a family member?

Neighbour didn't witness the guy in the yard then prosecution is unlikely unless they can trace the items

Anonymous

They must have seen you with the items in your yard, or followed you from when you got them.  Or someone has tipped them off - any houses overlooking your yard?

proeliator2001

Sorry to hear some scumbag has made you a victim matey.  I really do hope by the time a theft act warrant is done on them (if they have enough to do it that is) the silly gits will still have your stuff.

Re the slow response bit, I don't know about your force but mine is near crippled on some shifts.  For my half of Northamptonshire, we can have as  few as 16 officers available to deal with incidents.  Now consider that a single violent incident could tie two or three of them up for the best part of 4 hours and our bit of the word has around 380,000 people living in it and you'll see why we can't come knocking on the door 2 minutes after people call us (and we really would like to do that, but its simply not possible).

And as was said above, parking ain't our bag anymore, though we'll get involved if they are causing an obstruction.

We're getting raped for metal thefts as is the whole country - some figures for you  m http://www.northants.police.uk/default. ... e&ID=16869 m
Official - old git alert. 42 years old!
Facts  are meaningless - they can be used to prove anything.

2004 MR2 in silver with hardtop, leather, aircon and only 1 door handle.(11 happy years together and counting!)

NorthandSouth

Sorry to hear about this Nic

I hope the thieving scumbags get caught still with your property

Lynne xx
Lynne
2004 Sable Red Edition now sold :( and would so love another!

jamfe355

you can check any car online at dvla to see if its taxed. its on the site somewhere ,if you have reg no and colour. then if its not taxed the fuzz will chase after him bigtime as they hate car tax dogders! Good luck.
2002 balck MR2, Eibach springs, Apexi exhaust system, corky\'s, cusco front and rear brace, lower front tie bar,  Bmc carbon air filter plus some minor tweeks.

Liz

Quote from: "jamfe355"you can check any car online at dvla to see if its taxed. its on the site somewhere ,if you have reg no and colour. then if its not taxed the fuzz will chase after him bigtime as they hate car tax dogders! Good luck.

Incorrect - the DVLA do car tax dodgers - not the "fuzz"   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

We digress from the topic - back on please.

I would hope that they put the index from that van onto the ANPR system - won't be long before it is stopped if they do that.

enid_b

ta liz, i was tempted to post that but resisted. my tablets are kicking now now.

J  s:D :D s:D

alancdavis

Well its my turn to rant now,,,,You may recall that some pond life broke into my work car last year and stole my sat nav,,,,,,,,Well I cant beleve it has now happened to my sons car,,,not only demolished the door to get in but then they tore the radio from the dash thus destroying that as well,,,,stole his CDs,,,,a couple of box set DVDs from the glove box  and basicly stole every thing that wasent nailed down,,,,,even the bloody air freshener,,,,,,,,,,,,Wish I could find the tw?t and tear his arms off

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  Bad start to the week  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

tonigmr2

Very much doubt it'll turn up on ebay, he'll almost certainly have lifted it for the metal value.  Light iron used to be about £10 a tonne three years ago, currently it is about £125 a tonne - and an exhaust with 'potential' for precious metals in is probably an easy £20.

It's getting bad, don't leave any metal about in any view - sometimes they knock and ask but often they just take it...I've even heard of sorned cars being lifted from people's yards round here.  s:o :o s:o  
T
Yellow 55 with hardtop and aircon!

StuM

We had a skip recently to clear some old rubbish from the loft and within hours of us putting it on out drive (on a private road out of view of the main road) we had a van round and people checking it out.  In the 4 days it was here I saw at least half a dozen different vans/pickups checking it - the only item that they took was an ab toner - metal frame.

When we renovated our house a few years back, we had lead pipes, old rads etc - we were going to take them to the tip, but they 'disappeared' from the side of the house.

Fair enough if people knock, but walking on private property and just taking is comfortably on the wrong side of the law - IMO.

Stu
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

evileye_wrx

We had our old fire 'vanish' from next to the front door just recently. In Newcastle the council charge £15 to get rid of white goods. At work we just leave old fridges etc out in the back lane and they are always gone in the morning. 'Bin diving' is rife in Jesmond as it's the poshest rubbish in the city
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Tags: