Parts stolen from Skipton...

Started by Wabbitkilla, April 1, 2008, 18:35

carl_evs

Quote from: "tonigmr2"It's getting bad, don't leave any metal about in any view - sometimes they knock and ask but often they just take it...I've even heard of sorned cars being lifted from people's yards round here.  s:o :o s:o  
T

Where are these people when you need them? I have a load of old heavy metal piping that I just cant get rid of!! Been trying to get various people to come and take it for months, but to no avail!!
We did have a couple of dodgy pikeys come to our workplace but after speaking to them I didnt fancy letting them know where I lived!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

Wabbitkilla

Well i've just been updated by my local Police.

Because Keighley is in another forces area (even though it's a 15min drive away), then West Yorkshire Police have investigated.

So the van spotted scooting the scene is owned by a scrap metal dealer (surprise No.1), and he denies any theft (surprise No.2) - i'm obviously utilising my sarcasm muscle here.

So they say investigations have revealed some interesting intel. about the guy.

So he has obviously been warned that the police will bewatching the area closely. They also told me that if any of the several vehicles he has registered to him is seen around Skipton they will be stopped chalkenged and probably searched.

Doesn't get me my exhaust back, but hopefully the scumbag won't be nicking stuff out of other peoples' yards.

Seams our authorities can abuse anti-terrorism laws to spy on parents trying to get their kids into a school not in their catchment area, but not to catch active criminals.

There's not enough evidence to prosecute this time, but next time maybe he'll not be so lucky?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Liz

You can bet that all of his vehicles are now linked to ANPR and he will be stop checked all the time now just in case he has some hot stuff on board!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Wabbitkilla

Which in a way is a result  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

northernalex

What a complete scumbag.. I really hope that he is stopped and searched and he's got something hot in the back (like a mcdonalds lol)

s:) :) s:)   Kinda result there Nic? Shame you lost your exhaust tho.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

Its unfortunate - I take it that your backyard wasn't insured or something, or that they weren't happy with just your word that your brand spanking new exhaust was there?

s:? :? s:?

Liz

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Which in a way is a result  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Absolutely, we had an ANPR hit on the airport the other day on a vehicle with intelligence on it. The driver (not involved with the intel but was aware of it) had already been stopped twice that day on his journey from London to the airport, he didn't mind - in fact he said that he was impressed with how it worked.  There is nothing that the police like more than taking a thieving git so he will get stopped on a regular basis I can tell you!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Wabbitkilla

You've got to witness the individual in possession of the item with positive identification betond a shadow of a doubt to hope for a prosecution.

Unless the police can react quick enough to catch the suspect in possession of the item. In this case they were too busy to deal with the incident at the time and evidence had to be looked at very carefully to positively identify the vehicle.

I maintain that if they had reacted at the time it was reported they would've had him. However as you see from the photos there is little doubt of the vehicles identity and thus its keeper is suspect.

While not proven his is guilty, sufficient suspicion of this guys activities exists to maintain a watch on him.

Insured - probably, but not worth persuing, this is a case where the principle is more important and served equally well by the current outcome. In fact it may be better as even if he's legitimately out and about he has to keep looking over his shoulder. Intimidation in ones mind eye can be as effective as a gun in the hand.

aaronjb

Speaking of intimidation..

Not worried about reprisals?  I'm guessing he knows which location dobbed him in if they asked if he'd recently stolen any exhaust parts..   s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Reprisals is why I haven't got involved too personally - I.e. not calling the number, and not going out looking for him myself. If anything odd were to happen then i'm thinking his guilt would be evident.

Concerned - maybe, but I live here and what can I do? I'm sure with my neighbours we can deal with this scum. But I don't think anything will happen.

Anonymous

Maybe aaron was suggesting something along the lines of them trashing your '2 - not necessarily connected with hurting or threatening you or your neighbours.

aaronjb

Actually I was thinking of the physical vendetta side of things (i.e. against Nic)..

I spent a while sleeping with a crowbar by the bed for that reason (actually I was directly threatened so it's a bit different).

I contemplated going back to doing that after I woke up to find a (random) guy trying to climb into my bedroom window one night - I yelled at him and he ran off (you can't see through my venetian blinds when it's dark in the room, so I probably scared the bejeezus out of him - as he did me!), but I thought next time I might stay quiet and see what happens when I drag him through the blinds by the arm...  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Wabbitkilla

I knew well what Aaron meant but I live there and have no garage, what can I do?

I refuse to be made to feel paranoid by these oiks, they are the ones who should be paranoid.

I don't mean that in a 'I'm hard and they can't harm me' way. I mean that in a way which is, what's done is done, the course is set and there's  o way to undo it. Don't let tgese people make you afraid to stand up for yourself - that's why society is in such a state as it is already.

Anonymous

Quotethat's why society is in such a state as it is already

This statement alone deserves a whole new forum area  s;) ;) s;)

Yes, the country is going down the plug hole and no, the law isn't on our side.

Wabbitkilla

Actually I wouldn't mind if he came back and took the rest of the crap in the back yard - if only he just asked first!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

As long as he brings my exhaust back of course.

The law isn't on our side - I never imagined that  s:P :P s:P    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

There's lots of stuff been up & disappearing around town, I wonder if it'll go a bit quiet now?

Anonymous

Is your town/village the one that has the York commuting road running right through it?

Wabbitkilla

I live in Skipton which is where the A65 and A59 meet, pretty far away from York and only on a commuter route if you're coming from Preston.

I know what you nean Aaron, scary or what, self preservation kicks in when you realise what could have happened.

I don't think we need to blow this up to ridiculous proportions, let's just wait for now eh?

aaronjb

*plots route to Nic's house to climb in his bedroom window*

In a totally SC way, of course..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: