350Z

Started by dancarbon, January 6, 2004, 12:25

dancarbon

As usual, my mind is drifting to what toys to get next, and whilst tempted by the RX-8 I would miss the wind in the hair. But I do like the look of the forthcoming 350Z roadster!

Now I know the roadster is a couple of years away (time to save), but there are folk on here who seem quite well connected so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the 350Z in coupe or roadster form?

DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Last time I saw a 350Z roadster was a US one... and I thought it looked well fugly especially from the rear.  Really not nice.

Anonymous

How about the Bmer 6 Cabrio ?

http://www.infomotori.com/a_8_IT_4678_5.html

s:? :? s:?

dreambackup

Quote from: "victor"How about the Bmer 6 Cabrio ?

Not the same price range...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

MRMike

Driven a 350 z coupe, with Nismo exhaust at Middlehurst.  Absolutely stunning car, especially in paradise bue (R34 blue).  The sound it makes is unbelievable, one of the best soundtracks i've heard.   There is going to be a mind boggling amount of tune up parts available for it from Nismo also.  I know that Middlehurst in St Helens is, or at least was putting a Nismo supercharger on one.  They are quite a big car, and quite heavy but to be honest they couldn't be anything other in the GT mould they were designed, and they hamdle very well. If I was going to change the 2 that would be very high on my shopping order.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Quote from: "dreambackup"

Not the same price range...  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
True, but who would want a bmer anyhow? Far better things available.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dreambackup

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"If I was going to change the 2 that would be very high on my shopping order.
Wait for the convertible!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

MRMike

I've seen in the press though that the 350Z cabrio suffers from scuttle shake really badly, and to be honest I don't like the look of the rag top one!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

I like them, but i'd worry its going to become the next TT ie EVERYwhere.

Anonymous

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I like them, but i'd worry its going to become the next TT ie EVERYwhere.

True... but I'm kind of hoping that will be the case in a year or so.. then I'll be able to pick up a nearly new GT  with 10k on the clock for a lot less than the current list price!

Just waiting for the hubbub to die down at the mo... plus can't justify selling the '2 after just 3 years - want just one more summer!   s:D :D s:D  

Tim

aaronjb

Quote from: "WoodenDummy"I like them, but i'd worry its going to become the next TT ie EVERYwhere.

I don't think it'll end up like that, even if it is pitched at about the same price range.. It just doesn't have the badge appeal that an Audi does - which is essentially why there are so many out there (well, it sure as hell can't be because of their looks or performance  s;) ;) s;)  )..

At least, I'm hoping they don't become too common..

Then again, as Tim says, if they do.. you could pick one up cheap - which would be nice  s:) :) s:)

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris

The 350z is one of the cars i've yet to fully decide if i fully like it or not.  The roadster may not even make it here, but if it looks like this then it can stay in the states!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_22/car_portal_pic_11443.jpg?2361  (mod link changed)

edit: hmm the pic was bugger than that - may be worth just going to the site and getting it that way...   s:? :? s:?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

dancarbon

Nah, apart from being far too much money and wanting a sports car rather than a saloon with no roof I'm not a BMW fan at all.

Quote from: "Chris"The 350z is one of the cars i've yet to fully decide if i fully like it or not.  The roadster may not even make it here, but it it looks like this then it can stay in the states!
I agree, some angles look great:

and some do look ropey.

I'll have to wait and see it in the flesh I think.

Peter Wright

Max Power out today
features 5 page write up on the 350Z including modifying to 420 bhp

Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Max Power out today
features 5 page write up on the 350Z including modifying to 420 bhp

Is that 420 real horses, or 420 of those real weedy ones that max power car owners usually have in their Novas?  s;) ;) s;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist..   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Slacey

Quote from: "Peter Wright"Max Power out today
I was going to start with the name-calling, then remembered you are a Newsagent!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

dancarbon

Can you buy it in a plain wrapper (the Mag, not the car) ?

markiii

in another years time you'll need to.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

kanujunkie

Quote from: "phil4"Last time I saw a 350Z roadster was a US one... and I thought it looked well fugly especially from the rear.  Really not nice.

and the last time i saw one of these was spinning out of control into the gravel traps at Brands, por thing suffered a nice big dent in the back whilst being towed out   DOH!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  . Same day a skyline plastered itself all over the tyre walls, estimated 3k damages!!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Peter Wright

Quote from: "dancarbon"Can you buy it in a plain wrapper (the Mag, not the car) ?

brown paper bag alright I will roll it up so it looks like a bottle of cider just for you    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Pete  s:D :D s:D
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Back on topic

I like the look of that in the photo, so much I have downloaded the high res version as my wallpaper.  I reckon that would look nice parked outside my house...looks like a bigger version of my 2 (well the colour is the same anyway).

Anonymous

Topless z looks good but does it go strong enough compare with the coupe z.
Ever consider about the new SLK?
It's just looks great!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Darth Paul

I'm looking to get an Azure Blue Z when I (eventually) sell the 2. Drove one – absolutely awesome! Sure it's heavier, but it is very nimble. Roll on the spring.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

DP

Hope4Sun

I like the Azure blue one too, very close to the Skyline Bayside blue and Greddy's tubo kit is fitted to a blue one, it looks quite nice, though not a fan of the door handles  s:!: :!: s:!:  

m http://www.greddy.com/ m

Andy
R35 GTR<br />X Sable 05 Roadster To many mods to list

aaronjb

Scuse me while I dribble a bit...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: