Perry190

Started by Jap GT300, January 8, 2004, 14:33

Jap GT300

Hi Perry

Just bought Banzai and there is a kitted Celi 190 in it.  The owners name is Perry, is it yours?  If not, it must be a coincident.

Looks the b*ll*cks if it is!

Adam

Slacey

It is his Adam, I PM'd him about it last week - apparently that's how it looked before he had it reprayed blue - personally I preferred the grey!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Jap GT300

Yeah does look good in grey!

I might see if I can put mine in there.

Anonymous

Yep that was I

it was also in FastCar in July I think it was

The guys in the celica club thought the 30+ tag was highly amusing seeing that I was 43 at the time  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Slacey

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I might see if I can put mine in there.
I've already sent pics...  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Any chance of slightly bigger pics?

Anonymous

got this e-mail on the 5th Jan

Hi Perry, this is Joe from Banzai magazine here. I am trying to get in touch
with you about getting your Celica featured in the next issue, but I don't
have any contact details other than this email address. So I was wondering
if you'd be able to either give me a call or email me back your telephone
number so we can arrange something.
I hope to be able to speak to you as soon as possible because I'm away
visiting Japan from late 7/1/04 to 16/1/04 and would like to have
arrangements firmed up before then.
Regards,

Joe Clifford
Banzai

This was after Fastcar phoning me after doing another shoot on the new colour car, nose and bonnet and boot install, but of course the car had changed hands by that point.

Main guidlines  are that you either need the lot done, rims, kit, engine bay and ICE, or one of the things has to be especially special ie a turbo or suprcharger that isnt normally found, otherwise they wont even reply half the time  (ignorant gits until it suits them)

Jap GT300

Do you still have there email addresses please?

Slacey

I've only submitted pics for the readers rides section as a lot of the cars in there are nothing special, I knew it wasn't good enough for a feature...  s:( :( s:(  

Martins is though...

Comer

I like the surrounds to those rear reflectors.  Where are they from and how do they fix to the car?

Cheers
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

Comer

They arnt refelectors they are fogs lights with a ring of red LED's around them. They come from stafford auto components.

you have to cut a circular hole in the body work 2mm smaller than the rings and recess them in.  (a lot of rectal twitching going on as you start to cut  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )

Slacey

e JTruss@splpublishing.co.uk e  -  Jules Truss Features Editor FastCar

e Simon.Johnston@emap.com e   - Simon Johnston REVS

e mailto:jap@chpltd.com">jap@chpltd.com e   -  Martin Vincent Editor, Japanese Performance

Jap GT300

Wow, you have done the rounds.  I do like those fogs too.  They would be good on an import 2' that doesn't have fogs

Anonymous

basically contacted them all and was offered shoots with 4 of them, but it can be quite a lengthy process, and the shoots itself takes most of the day as well (weekday)

The fogs are quite bulky so you need a bit of room behind the body work

the LED rings then go around the fogs, you can also instead of the LEDs have a chrome ring or reflective ring

They do have the added bonus that they are made by Hella and fully road legal in the UK

you can find these and other lighting bits and bobs at http://www.s-v-c.co.uk

Glad to be of help  :-) :-) :-)

Comer

Quote from: "perry190"you have to cut a circular hole in the body work 2mm smaller than the rings and recess them in.  (a lot of rectal twitching going on as you start to cut  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    I think I'll leave the cutting of body work to experts like yourself!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    If only   s:? :? s:?  

when I bought the lights I assumed that I would need to cut a hole for the fogs but then the LED rings would mask any imperfection  :-) :-) :-)   Unfortunately no   s:? :? s:?    the LED rings have to be recessed and it these that need a hole 2mm smaller than the outer diameter (1mm lip all round) so not much room for error.

Can wack em in, in a couple or hours now tho once the old confidence builds up  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

Of course it helps if your bollocks had been previously removed due to an old war injury. Nothing to get sweaty then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:P :P s:P

mph

Those likes look a bit like the ones Rogue's manufacturering. See his commercial site,  m http://www.revision6.com m
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Yeah, I saw Rogues down at Donington last year & they look the mutts nuts.

Love the look of your Celica too. Lets hope your 2 project turns out even half as good  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "SilverMSD2"Love the look of your Celica too. Lets hope your 2 project turns out even half as good  s:D :D s:D

cheers matey  :-) :-) :-)   going for more refind this time around  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Trial rear bumper is on after a nightmare of an evening fitting it   s:( :( s:(  
prior to fitting it I fitted a twin exhaust (magnex) which I assumed would be in the same place as the OEM pipe but with a symetrical pipe on the opposite side as well?  oh no   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    bleedin thing is either in two completely different places or the trial bumper is out  s:? :? s:?  

prior to spraying I cut a second symetrical hole for the second pipe, but come fitment both pipes were out, so last night I was recutting the holes to double the width with a dremmel whilst it was on the car   s:? :? s:?  

all fits now, but would like some sort of ally plate around the pipes with say allen bolts around the outside to reduce the size of the holes.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   that may have to come later.

doing the front now, but the skirts need some dryer weather as you need the doors open and the garage is only narrow   s:( :( s:(   so at this rate its unlikely to be finished over the weekend. so if you see a red 'two' thats low at the back and front but high along the sides on your travels thaty will be me   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"Trial rear bumper is on after a nightmare of an evening fitting it   s:( :( s:(  
prior to fitting it I fitted a twin exhaust (magnex) which I assumed would be in the same place as the OEM pipe but with a symetrical pipe on the opposite side as well?  oh no   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    bleedin thing is either in two completely different places or the trial bumper is out  s:? :? s:?  

SNAP  s:!: :!: s:!:  

I to have the Magnex twin exhaust & the garage was cursing me cos it wouldn't fit in to the MSD bodykit properly. Luckily mine was only slightly out so they warmed & bent the pipes slightly. Seems to fit a treat now but does rub a little or catches when the road is bumpy. No damage to the bodykit after nearly 2 years & 13,000 miles so can't be bad.     s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Ah at least its not just me then  s;-) ;-) s;-)

full kit inc skirts is now on, skirts fitted like a glove and were a doddle to fit (or at least the second one was   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

time now for a hot bath and an early night   s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Quote from: "perry190"Ah at least its not just me then  s;-) ;-) s;-)

full kit inc skirts is now on, skirts fitted like a glove and were a doddle to fit (or at least the second one was   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

time now for a hot bath and an early night   s:) :) s:)
And in the morning, some pics  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

wont be tomorrow unfortunately as I'm going up to the Northeast with work for a few days and taking the wifes mondeo (picking up the sprayed bonnet on the way back) but pics by the weekend I promise

As a matter of interest could any of the guys with TTE springs let me know what the measurement is from ground to the bottom of their front lip?

with the kit I'm at just less than 5" and even tho I would like to get rid of the gaps in my arches above the wheels I'm a little concerned about clearance (speed hump city in my estate)

cheers

Tags: