40k service was £134 exc oil
30k service was £102 exc oil
20k service was £105 exc oil
10k service was £59 exc oil

Hope this gives you an idea John....

as for work carrier out on the 40k

£82 was labour
Parts came to £31 spark plugs being the most expensive item at £13 for 4

Cheers for that Darren. Seems like I wasn't too fleeced by the looks of it. Just thought it might be a bit expensive. This is my breakdown:

Service £140.76
Oil £20.82
Envoronmental Charge £3.51
Screenwash £0.81
Oil Filter £6.30
Gasket and Drain Plug £0.69
Spark Plugs £11.42

Then VAT at £32.25

Total £216.56

Still steep if you ask me, but looks on a par with everyone else. Oh well, I made my bed.........  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I  believe the fuel clean is something they chuck in the fuel tank to clean the injectors, I noticed it on the bill for my 20k service too.

Also, whilst the schedule for services says brake fluid change every 2 years I believe, the dealers don't always do it, it seems to be based on whether they want to. But I think it is included in the menu pricing anyway.

The same may be true for gearbox oil and air filter, as sometimes they seem to do this and sometimes not.

Slacey

Quote from: "jblackmore"Also, whilst the schedule for services says brake fluid change every 2 years I believe, the dealers don't always do it, it seems to be based on whether they want to.
I was asked whether I wanted it done (at 20k) or not, apparently it wasn't compulsory.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I wasn't asked and they didn't do it.

Anonymous

Samer here actually. I looked at the Schedule for what should be done on a 40K service and this was supposed to be full and the brake fluid only checked. I want to know WHEN they are supposed to change it cos I don't want to leave ittoo long, even though the car only has 20K on the clock.....

Anonymous

John:

If I recall correctly, the recommendation for a brake fluid change in the manual is 2 yearly irrespective of mileage.  Apologies if I am doing the preverbial teaching to suck eggs, but brake fluid is hygroscopic (absorbs water), so old fluid tends to corrode brake parts and lines from the inside and also reduces the boiling point, which can lead to beake failure.  

I'd go for the bi-annual change!
Andy

Anonymous

Exactly what I thought and I am still not sure whether or not the fluid was changed. I need to get this checked out and if it isn't changed, then I shall get it done either ASAP or definately yhe next service, whether it is specified of not. Cheers Andy....

Liz

I was asked about the brake fluid change, it wasn't due at my service and I popped back at a later date to get it done, charged me very little for it though.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Can you remember how much Liz? Would be nice to know as I might go and get it done soon.......

Liz

Just found the receipt, I had it done at the same time that I had the lowering springs put on, charged for 1/2 hours labour which was £24.22 and brake fluid - £4.33 + vat makes total = £33.54. That was in April last year though  HTH   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Think I would rather go for Liz's price!!! Cheers for that Liz. Nice one!  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

£120 quid seems fantastically excessive though!

Liz

Quote from: "John Woodward"Think I would rather go for Liz's price!!! Cheers for that Liz. Nice one!  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

No problem, I started totting up what I have spent on the car, got through a few receipts and stopped!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Sam

If you've been fleeced - I definetly have been too!

Just got mine back from 40k - breakdown:

S)40,000 mile service                           147.00
S)change brake fluid                              35.00
S)change engine oil                                26.40
P)oil filter                                               7.00
P)spark plug x 4                                    13.24
P)brake fluid                                           5.10
P)gskt, drain plug                                    1.22
P)screen wash                                         1.99
P)petrol cleaner                                       6.99
P)engine flush                                         6.99

VAT                                                    43.91
TOTAL                                               294.84

S = Service/Labour (total = 208.40 ex VAT)
P = Parts (total = 42.08 ex VAT)
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

mph

Quote from: "Sam"If you've been fleeced - I definetly have been too!

Just got mine back from 40k - breakdown:

S)40,000 mile service                           147.00
S)change brake fluid                              35.00
S)change engine oil                                26.40
I don't understand. Why are they charging additional amounts for changing oil & brake fluids? An oil change is certainly part of a 40K service and therefore would be included in the first line. If it's not part of the first line, then what does it include? I'd certainly query this - looks like they're trying to charge you twice.   s:? :? s:?
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Liz

Quote from: "John Woodward"Think I would rather go for Liz's price!!! Cheers for that Liz. Nice one!  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

No problem, I started totting up what I have spent on the car, got through a few receipts and stopped!!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

<edit>Don't know how I managed to post that again, sorry chaps!!<edit>

Anonymous

Quote from: "mph"I don't understand. Why are they charging additional amounts for changing oil & brake fluids? An oil change is certainly part of a 40K service and therefore would be included in the first line. If it's not part of the first line, then what does it include? I'd certainly query this - looks like they're trying to charge you twice.   s:? :? s:?

Same here.  On my 20K breakdown there's only one item of service, and that's the 20K service at 112 ex VAT.

The other items are all physical parts that were changed, no other service charge for changing them.

Anonymous

I'm beginning to think they are making up their own rules here.........

I am going to check on this sometime tomorrow. I want it from the horses mouth WHAT exactly they are supposed to do on a 40K (4year) service and see if it tallies up with what I had last week. By the looks of Sam's post, I didn't get the whole caboodle. Ok, mine was cheaper, but then they did less too. No brake fluid change on mine.......which is worrying........

In fact, I think I am going to print this out and take it with me.........

Sam

Quote from: "mph"I don't understand. Why are they charging additional amounts for changing oil & brake fluids? An oil change is certainly part of a 40K service and therefore would be included in the first line. If it's not part of the first line, then what does it include? I'd certainly query this - looks like they're trying to charge you twice.   s:? :? s:?

Hmm I agree - I will query this with them... I am just getting lazy and used to rip off prices at dealers - cutting too much slack for them. Will let you know what they say.
Sam

[size=75]\'01 Black Roadster
Leda Adjustable Struts/Eibach Springs/TTE Stabilizer Bars/TRD Bracing/TTE 17" 9-Spokes/Toda Flywheel/Unichip/TTE Exhaust/TTE Front Bumper/TRD Quickshift[/size]

Anonymous

You might want to add up all the parts they charged you for and see if it comes to this total - mine says the following:

10k Mile service £37.50
oil £12
gastets £10
blah £5
blah £5
blah £5
etc etc.....

then at the bottom of the page it says:

Labour £49.88
Parts £37.50

Might just be the total for all the parts they have fitted, in which case they are not charging you twice but simply listing all the parts that make up that first price quoted.

... well thats how it works out on mine anyway.   s:) :) s:)

Tags: