Oil Catch Tank or Crank Vents

Started by VVT-i, May 23, 2008, 20:15

aaronjb

My bet would be that it's leaking around the push-fit fittings for the clear tube (the sight glass) - that's where mine was leaking.. I tested it by blocking one tube and sucking hard on the other.

With the benefit of hindsight, I recommend cleaning the can out first! Not pleasant..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"My bet would be that it's leaking around the push-fit fittings for the clear tube (the sight glass) - that's where mine was leaking.. I tested it by blocking one tube and sucking hard on the other.

With the benefit of hindsight, I recommend cleaning the can out first! Not pleasant..

I think u r probably right tonight i'll:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

philster_d

Quote from: "spit"I need a pair!

Do they still work with the c2 arrangement? I thought ours was a little bit different.

markiii

they do and you should
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "spit"Either should be fine whether you're boosted to engine-tolerable levels or not.

How about setting up a quick Group Buy interest to save a little on postage? I need a pair!

Ohh, let me know if this takes off. I guess I only need the small ones as I'm not going to be hitting "50+ PSI"

markiii

yep small ones are fine
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

OK Im in too then. I think up to about 24 psi seems potentialy likely. tbc

Phil

Anonymous

After a full dismantle of my OCT to put some teflon everywhere I have could I used the aaron tip and sucked hard on a tube blocking the other...

And the winner is:

The [MOD=roger; censored] hose to see the dust level !!! it was leaking from here both sides......

Now it's all plugged again, and car is running right now while I wait for the oil temp rich the good temp to let the car runs idle... we'll see in 10min if the diagnose was good....or not :p

EDIT: Test Drive done, everithing OK ! thx for ur help guys !

Tem

Is your catch can really empty? How's it gonna catch anything? Is that one of those cheap eBay cans?

There should be something inside the can, which catches the oily mist going through it. If it's empty, it'll just "catch" the oil that drains there from the hoses. The Greddy can is filled with some sort of metal wool and the ingoing hose goes below it, so the breathing happens through that metal wool.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: