Hmm...tyre pressures

Started by Anonymous, January 12, 2004, 15:52

Anonymous

Right, checked my tyre pressures the other day, for the first time since getting the car (I know I should of done it sooner but the car felt fine).

Anyway, the tyre pressure thingy at the garage near where I work read 31 rear, 29 fronts (cold pressures), so I changed it to 32 rear, 26 front.

Now it doesn't feel like it did b4, tends to tramline more and also seems to pull top the left a little (probably in my head) so I'm thinking about raising the pressure to what it was at the front. Anyone else had it feel different after changing the pressures?

Cheers,

Lee

Slacey

Never, ever rely on garage lines to measure pressure. They must be the most inaccurate devices on the planet!
Get yourself a decent pencil style gauge (they're nice and cheap) and keep it in the car, use that for the measurement and the garage airline for conveinience  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Oh, and then go with the stock pressures, unless you are confident enough to experiment and know the difference the pressures make.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

yep, this car is very sensitive to tyre pressures changes.

lower pressure on the front will help eliminate understeer, but as you've found may increase tramlining.

Go with what feels right to you.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

juansolo

Also depends on the tyre.  You can run lower pressures with the Neovas that dramatically change the balance of the car (in a good or bad way depending on what you do/want).  Wouldn't want to go as low on something with softer sidewalls like the A539's though.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

Tags: