Hard top cover

Started by Anonymous, January 13, 2004, 18:35

Anonymous

Hi,
Have any of you tried the AutoPak hardtop cover?
 m http://www.impacta.co.uk/7.html m

They seem quite expensive, but not as expensive as getting a roof resprayed or repaired.

I would be grateful for any info.

Blackrat  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Slacey

TBH, that's not much more than the official Toyota one, but you get a wall hanging kit with the Autopak to justify the difference.
I have the Toyota one, and it does a good job, this one looks pretty much identical if you ask me, they may even make the Toyota ones?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Slacey.

I haven't even checked the Toyota one for price as I imagined it would be a lot more expensive. I better give my local dealer a ring and see what he can do them for.
Cheers
Blackrat

Asterix

In the Netherlands the hardtop cover from the official Toyota dealer is EUR 165. I bought one and it does look a lot like the one on your website, however, it is different. The cover is made of very thin material, nylon-like. It does fit very well.

The wall hanging kit is only EUR 46 over here. It is quite a difference compared to the expensive cover which is only EUR 10 of material costs I think.

Marcel

Slacey

Do Toyota UK do a wall hanging kit? Me want!

filcee

I remember getting a set of brackets with my H/T trolley.  I'm pretty sure they're the wall hanging kit.  I'm probably sad enough to have filed the instructions away somewhere too   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Slacey

Quote from: "filcee"I remember getting a set of brackets with my H/T trolley.  I'm pretty sure they're the wall hanging kit.  I'm probably sad enough to have filed the instructions away somewhere too   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Phil, do you need the trolley to use the wall kit? I really just want to be able to stick it on the wall, I don't need the trolley.

filcee

Sean,

Dunno  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I'd need to find the instructions.  My guess would be yes,  IIRC there's no strengthened areas on the bag for attaching it to anything.

Sorry,  not much help  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable

filcee

Found 'em!  (Some times I amaze myself  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Brackets look like this:

Instructions confirm that you need the trolley:
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable

Slacey

Thanks Phil, looks like I'll have to buy the trolley then.

Anonymous

Sean if we could borrow a trolley and brackets for a couple of weeks I could get a local tame contractor to give a price for making one and he is based in the Cannock area.

Tags: