Where to buy Speedsource shift bushings

Started by SimonC_Here, June 23, 2008, 09:30

SimonC_Here

As per title.
Google comes up with hundreds of forum posts where people have them listed in their sig lines.

I've looked at  m http://www.speed-source.net/ m  but was wondering if there is any uk places selling them.

Simon

spit

Not aware of a UK source Simon, although I discussed this with custard recently and its perhaps something he can add to his portfolio if there's enough interest.

TwosRus are your best bet - reasonable shipping and quick delivery.
Clicky

Perhaps save a bit on postage by putting a shout out for folk looking for droplinks and poly bushes too? I could use a few things from them at the mo  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

roger

I bought mine direct from Speed Source last year $26, no extra for international shipping   s:D :D s:D
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

spit

Now that's a good deal!  s8) 8) s8)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Jaik

Quote from: "roger"I bought mine direct from Speed Source last year $26, no extra for international shipping   s:D :D s:D
Me too, think I paid about the same IIRC.

SimonC_Here

Looks like speedsource it is then. Sorry Ste!

Simon

custardavenger

I'm not gonna try and beat that price! Still worth making myself a set though.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

might be worth trying GTSChris, He lists  these in his site. It does not say what mr2 they are for though, i would imagine the MK2 but still worth a try?

SimonC_Here

Ordered from GTSChris in the end.
His website is shockingly bad though.
Errors on asking for delivery price.
Registering to buy things requires all fields to be filled in including company and telephone (although it will accept "none" and "00000").
Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that until you try to move to the next page and it takes you to an error page.
Paypal secure payment then takes you back to an 404 page after the transaction.
We'll see how quickly it arrives though.

Simon

northernalex

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Ordered from GTSChris in the end.
His website is shockingly bad though.
Errors on asking for delivery price.
Registering to buy things requires all fields to be filled in including company and telephone (although it will accept "none" and "00000").
Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that until you try to move to the next page and it takes you to an error page.
Paypal secure payment then takes you back to an 404 page after the transaction.
We'll see how quickly it arrives though.

Simon

Let us know.. I work about 10 mins drive from Bedlington, if you need something picking up.

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

SimonC_Here

Can't fault delivery though!
Came this morning.

Will fit tonight.

Simon

roger

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Will fit tonight.

Make sure you've got the sticking plaster handy, and something to wipe the blood off your turbo.

And if you've still got your nappy on make sure you don't drop anything, especially the pins!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Here endeth the first lesson of fitting Speed Source bushings. They don't put this on their instruction sheet.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Roger

Anonymous

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Can't fault delivery though!
Came this morning.

Will fit tonight.

Simon

There is a how to in the appropriate section, these things are a bugger to fit.

Anonymous

One's a piece of cake, one's a complete bitch. You'll soon find out which is which  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ekona"One's a piece of cake, one's a complete bitch. You'll soon find out which is which  s;) ;) s;)

Lol, yes i think he will.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SimonC_Here

Job done. thanks for reminding me I had left the car wide open to cool down before I came in!

Took about 15 minutes in the end. 5 of those in the half light looking for one of the clips that I had dropped. Found it behind the wheel arch plastics.

Oh, and spiked myself on the braided hose for the turbo coolant return  s:( :( s:(  Turbo wipes clean though!

Will have to see what it's like tomorrow, but I can get into all the gears.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Simon

SimonC_Here

Well shifter feels more connected which is always good. And I can get all the gears easily.
Needs a proper run out to make sure it is all fitted correctly.

Simon

aaronjb

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Oh, and spiked myself on the braided hose for the turbo coolant return  s:( :( s:(  

This is why I learnt to hate any braided hose that doesn't have finishers on the end  s;) ;) s;)  It's like working in an engine bay filled with hypodermic needles.

Top tip: Wrap several layers of insulation tape around braided hose before you cut it, then leave the tape on there with another couple of added layers - saved my hands many times  s:) :) s:)  Or buy (expensive) finishers and clamps - don't buy cheap ones, though, because as I found out, you can never get enough tension on the clip.

Anyway - glad you got the SS bushings fitted  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

roger

Well done Simon..........not too much blood letting then, and I did warn you about dropped clips   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

SimonC_Here

I managed to knock it off the cross member where I'd put it so it would be handy   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
I didn't hear it hit the floor and it wasn't on any of the visible parts so I was feeling a little like James Herriot, up to my shoulder behind the light.

Getting a pair of pliers on the c clips was the hardest part.

Simon

heathstimpson

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Oh, and spiked myself on the braided hose for the turbo coolant return  s:( :( s:(  

This is why I learnt to hate any braided hose that doesn't have finishers on the end  s;) ;) s;)  It's like working in an engine bay filled with hypodermic needles.

Top tip: Wrap several layers of insulation tape around braided hose before you cut it, then leave the tape on there with another couple of added layers - saved my hands many times  s:) :) s:)  Or buy (expensive) finishers and clamps - don't buy cheap ones, though, because as I found out, you can never get enough tension on the clip.

Anyway - glad you got the SS bushings fitted  s:) :) s:)
I've had the same issue with the braded hoses and have wrapped loads of insulation around the ends to help as well  s:? :? s:?
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

aaronjb

It only really works if you do it before cutting the hose, unfortunately - once the strands are splayed out it's a nightmare to get them to behave again  s:( :( s:(

And.. sorry, we're drifting, aren't we   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tags: