SNOW!

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2004, 13:13

Anonymous

Dont know about the rest of you, but its coming thick and fast where i am - the '2 is already coated in a thick blanket of snow... so take it easy on your way home.   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Aww... missing it here.  no snow  s:( :( s:(

Tem

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"its coming thick and fast where i am

That's just unfair...no snow up here  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Where's my snow?? I want my dman snow!!
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Not THAT far from MK and we haven't had it. Just bloody rain, rain, rain.....

Anonymous

Its rain in MK but heavy snow in Northampton (where i work)... should be fun for the drive home!

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "John Woodward"Not THAT far from MK and we haven't had it. Just bloody rain, rain, rain.....

And I'm just up the road from you and its been snowing most of the day.

Slacey

Just been out of the office, and although it's dry at the moment, it's very cold and sharp, I reckon we will get some here before the day is out.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

mph

Ooh yes please! turbo+A539s+snow =  
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "mph"Ooh yes please! turbo+A539s+snow =  

It was nice knowing you Martin!!!!

Anonymous

Peter Laborne wrote:
QuoteAnd I'm just up the road from you and its been snowing most of the day.

I am in Hinxton, near Sawston in the daytime and its done nothing but pee it down here!!! Mental innit?

I was waiting to test the car in snow too. Not done it yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "John Woodward"I was waiting to test the car in snow too. Not done it yet.

I must say, its not something im looking forward to. Still, its starting to melt now so will just be slushy on the way home.

Slacey

Quote from: "John Woodward"I was waiting to test the car in snow too. Not done it yet.
I wouldn't rush to try! I got stuck in Mid-Wales last year in the blizzards, and at one point on a desolate road in the middle of nowhere, I considered just giving up and sleeping in the car (it was pitch black). I decided to carry on, and found that as long as I took it slowly and was gentle with the throttle, it wasn't too bad. Fresh snow was a lot easier than packed though. I eventually got home at 3am, and I never want to drive in the snow again if I can help it!

<EDIT> This was on stock wheels and tyres too, don't want to think about trying it with the 17's  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  </EDIT>
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Its weird cos I don't actually mind driving in the snow. I find it a test of self control and my ability to feel for the limits of the car really. I tend to drive like a granny (at least I did with the Mk1, which I would say was potentially snappierat the rear end), so nothing untoward is likely to happen from my end.

Beware of the slush though Kris. That can be just as bad, if not worse, than the snow and ice! Be careful out there......especially if it starts to freeze.....

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I must say, its not something im looking forward to.

Same here, especially if it is like last year. The snow was so deep that I couldn't move my car as it was deeper than the bottom of my 2. I tried, but it was more of a snowplow.

And now I have the TTE springs fitted!!!!

The next 4-6 weeks could prove interesting!!!

Chris

no snow here today, just loads of rain and strong winds... wasn't it about this time last year when we had tons of the stuff, closing roads and stuff?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

filcee

Quote from: "Slacey"
I wouldn't rush to try! I got stuck in Mid-Wales <snip>

What Slacey says - don't bother.  2 years ago we came back from a weekend away with friends in Cambridge.  No snow in Cambridge, but snow at home (Redditch).  Journey time, 2 hours cambridge to the bottom of the road.  1 hour to do the 100 yards up the hill to our house.  This included Julie emptying the gritting bin all over the road, whilst I went away and gassed the car up to get some weight in there!  Totally not helped by an SMT gearbox where you can't modulate the clutch to add/remove drive to the rear wheels in an effort to maintain traction whilst getting under way.

Car stayed in the garage for a week and I worked from home whilst waiting for it to melt.  (Our drive goes up hill too  s:-( :-( s:-(  )
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

I wouldn't mind headed washer jets!  6 years with mid-engined cars being frustrated with a smeggy windscreen!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"I wouldn't mind headed washer jets!  6 years with mid-engined cars being frustrated with a smeggy windscreen!

I keep thinking exactly the same. With my old font engine car they would defrost eventually, but with the 2 its a right pain in the bum!

filcee

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"I wouldn't mind headed washer jets!  6 years with mid-engined cars being frustrated with a smeggy windscreen!

I keep thinking exactly the same. With my old font engine car they would defrost eventually, but with the 2 its a right pain in the bum!

Not in my old Nova they didn't!  They were routed uner the scuttle panel, which was separated from the engine compartment.  The bit in the engine bay was OK, but as soon as they got into the area under the scuttle, they froze solid,  Very, very crap.

I would like heated door mirrors, though.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

mirrors - try swapping with Celica mirrors?

markiii

Jon,

Are the Celica mirrors the same? Do you know if they are all heated or it just teh GTS?

thanks,

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I do know that they are heated.  And they look the same - I'll check when I get home.
GTS?  that's the american "180" version?

markiii

yep, I spend too much time on SC, 190 or T-sport
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Could this mean that we could possibly fit the celica heated ones then mark?

markiii

Well, the wiring loom probably won't support it, as I don't know of any market that gets these on teh roadster.

However if the bases fit then I don't see why not. You'd need the swicthes and find a suitable power source, which should be relatively easy.

Main fiddly issue would be getting the wires into teh door and back out again. Still the mirror controls do so as long as it's not a sealed plug like my old rover it sholdl be doable.

The only stumbling block could be where teh time circuit sits? Unless Jon is going to tell me that they stay on until you turn them off something must control how long they are on for. If it's a function of teh body ECU we'll be stuck.

Though we could possibly tap a relay off the heated rear window switch?

Needs thought but since I need a  mirror respraying anyway  could be persuaded.

Tags: