SNOW!

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2004, 13:13

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"Though we could possibly tap a relay off the heated rear window switch?

Now that would be good - hit the rear demister and the mirrors turn on too.... good thinking batman!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"
Quote from: "markiii"Though we could possibly tap a relay off the heated rear window switch?

Now that would be good - hit the rear demister and the mirrors turn on too.... good thinking batman!   s:D :D s:D

Thats exactly how my Santa Fe works.

markiii

sorry victor, being a bit dense here. I assume a Santa Fe is a car?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"sorry victor, being a bit dense here. I assume a Santa Fe is a car?

I guess you could call it that. I call it "The Beast" as its big ugly and always thirsty! Its a Hyundai SUV. Good for the snow, bad for the pocket.

filcee

Quote from: "victor"

Thats exactly how my Santa Fe works.

Ditto the Leon, and I think the Ibiza before it ...
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"The only stumbling block could be where the time circuit sits? Unless Jon is going to tell me that they stay on until you turn them off something must control how long they are on for. If it's a function of the body ECU we'll be stuck.

Though we could possibly tap a relay off the heated rear window switch?

works off the hrw switch in the Celi!

...but how's it gonna un-freeze my squirters  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:) :) s:)    s:| :| s:|

markiii

relay it is then.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jonny Turbo"
Quote from: "markiii"The only stumbling block could be where the time circuit sits? Unless Jon is going to tell me that they stay on until you turn them off something must control how long they are on for. If it's a function of the body ECU we'll be stuck.

Though we could possibly tap a relay off the heated rear window switch?

works off the hrw switch in the Celi!

...but how's it gonna un-freeze my squirters  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:) :) s:)    s:| :| s:|

Why not take a look at how some other cars deal with this?

My initial idea would be to enclose the water pipes in some form of thermal insulation and heat this internally with a heated wire wrapped around the water pipe inside the insulation. I guess a couple of watts would suffice.

A second idea would be to tap of some warm (hot) water from the radiator feed and put this through a pipe running parrallel to the windscreen water pipe.

As for the squirters, be get a couple of heated squirters from another car, such as the VW Golf. I dont know whats available that would fit.  BUT maybe if the water in the pipes was heated enough, then the squirters would conduct enough heat to free them up?

The hot water solution I think would be easiest to do. Any engineers here who could develope this as a club project????

Anonymous

There is a relatively easy way to fix the squirters in the winter, but could be a little more expensive than usual. If you use NEAT screewash, it SHOULD protect it from feeezing down to about -10 degrees. What is says on my bottle and so far, so good. It hasn't frozen. Change the ratio of dilution as the year goes on and it shuld even itself out cost wise over the year......

Chris

I can feel a 'club-mod' feeling coming on!!!  Luckily, my drive gets hit by any morning sun, so i've not previously had any problems with the jets freezing (only when the water hits the window, freezes and makes it worse!   s:x :x s:x  )

What do they do in really cold places?  Maybe Tem has an answer...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

markiii

eskimo he pee on bonnet  s:D :D s:D

filcee

knackers forward visibility tho'   s:D :D s:D
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Tags: