Aftermarket Hardtop

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2004, 13:35

Anonymous

Does anyone know if an aftermarket hardtop is produced for the '2.

Perhaps in GRP or CFRP?

Slacey

There are none at the moment (surprisingly), but I wouldn't think it will be much longer before some turn up.. especially in CF.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tem

TOM'S actually made one years ago, but I don't think they ever sold it.

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Yeah, I think it was a one-off... I quite like it.

Anonymous

Agree that the TOM one isn't bad at all, I would probably buy one - minus duct though.

Trailing Edge looks a bit Mk IIish.

Many thanks for the info.

aaronjb

Looks like the top is part of the rear wings on that one too - so probably an entire new rear end in grp/cf/etc..

Very nice though - looks very Porsche-like, to me.. mmmm.. I'll take two  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Chris

looks like the scoop solves the problem of getting air into the engine bay under some pressure, or at least more than the side vents - very exige like.  I wonder how much it obscures the rear vision?
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

aaronjb

The more I look at that, the more I think that's been photoshopped..

Look at the way the front wheel seems to 'float' over the road in the 2nd pic? And the way the rear wheel seems to be angled inward at the back?

The same with the front wheel in the first pic..

I dunno, maybe the background has just been lightened to make the car stand out, and that's what's making it look 'wrong'?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dimwit

Mr2 drivers club book (December), issued a warning about a company offering roadster hardtops.. Paying £500 and not receiving anything, no longer being able to contact them either...  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    BEWARE..

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"The more I look at that, the more I think that's been photoshopped..

It's real...there are several pics of it, here's a few more:

Slacey

If you look though, it isn't really a hard top as such as it's permanently intergrated into the bodywork, making it more of a coupe.

Chris

now that'd be expensive - a body kit that pretty much replaces lots of the body!   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Jap GT300

Quote from: "Chris"now that'd be expensive - a body kit that pretty much replaces lots of the body!   s8) 8) s8)

Hmmm a good concept.  

I believe they did sell a small number of these.  There was a silver one on SC ages ago

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I believe they did sell a small number of these.  There was a silver one on SC ages ago

They didn't.

The silver one is the ones that made it to the market. You can still buy that from TOM'S, but it's quite different to that first version (and doesn't have a hardtop).
 m http://www.angelfire.com/space/mr-s/tomspage.html m

Jap GT300

Ahhh Yes

I should have refered myself to my own site   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I should have refered myself to my own site   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

So it WAS your site...I kinda thought so, but wasn't really sure  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: