You know you've been rumbled when...

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2004, 14:57

Anonymous

... Kerry, sat in the passenger seat, remarks "How fast are we going, only I can see the speedo needle?!"

Oops. Because of the position, she can't see it until considerably the wrong side of a ton   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Slacey

LOL! AnnMarie is usually too scared to say anything!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I just get a look and hear "in a hurry are we?"   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Peter Laborne

I get "You just can't resist can you!!!"

GSB

She's normally the one with the heavy right foot!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

I just get "Heh heh.......LOVELY car......."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"LOL! AnnMarie is usually too scared to say anything!

Ah yes, but not as scared as you were when I drove the 2!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Quote from: "AnnMarie"

Ah yes, but not as scared as you were when I drove the 2!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Boasting about how bad your driving is really isn't a good idea though  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "AnnMarie"

Boasting about how bad your driving is really isn't a good idea though  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I'll never forget that smell of burning clutch.....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"
I'll never forget that smell of burning clutch.....[/quote]

Burning clutch...  s:?: :?: s:?:   I thought that was you   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:!: :!: s:!:

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "AnnMarie"Burning clutch...  s:?: :?: s:?:  

There goes its resale value!!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

We did warn you Sean.....but have you ever listened to us???

Slacey

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"We did warn you Sean.....but have you ever listened to us???
I was fighting, but, well... you know what women are like!

Anonymous

Unfortuantely our B2 faces inwards, so it shows the speed - so she knows - DOH!

MR2Blue

I know when I'm going too fast for my wifes liking, I notice her gripping the seat belt.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

aaronjb

Quote from: "MR2Blue"I know when I'm going too fast for my wifes liking, I notice her gripping the seat belt.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

That's funny - Lisa does that constantly, even if I'm only doing 10mph!

I'm not that bad, honest...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

My missus grips the belt as well and really freaks out when I'm overtaking. I just tell her thats what the car was built to do; go like a bullet  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

thats one of the bits that my mate finds well annoying - he can't see the speedo and think we're only ambing along when really i'm doing 70 ish   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "AnnMarie"Burning clutch...  s:?: :?: s:?:   I thought that was you   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:!: :!: s:!:

Here's a tip for next time. Floor the clutch, raise the revs to about 6000rpm, then move your left foot sidewards from the clutch, so that the clutch pedal can freely jump up(and floor the throttle when your left foot leaves the clutch pedal.

It won't be the clutch that's burning  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Oh and make sure there's some room in front of you  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Edit: And don't do that when Slacey is with you  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Slacey

Quote from: "Tem"Here's a tip for next time. Floor the clutch, raise the revs to about 6000rpm, then move your left foot sidewards from the clutch, so that the clutch pedal can freely jump up(and floor the throttle when your left foot leaves the clutch pedal.

Oi  you! Don't be telling her things like that!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "Slacey"Oi  you! Don't be telling her things like that!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

You're right, I edited my post  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

When my wife knows we are going too fast she normally winds down the window and shouts at the top of her voive 'Move Over, Move Over'.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Here's a tip for next time. Floor the clutch, raise the revs to about 6000rpm, then move your left foot sidewards from the clutch, so that the clutch pedal can freely jump up(and floor the throttle when your left foot leaves the clutch pedal.

Edit: And don't do that when Slacey is with you  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   I will have to give that a try... soon...   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"... Kerry, sat in the passenger seat, remarks "How fast are we going, only I can see the speedo needle?!"

Oops. Because of the position, she can't see it until considerably the wrong side of a ton   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

120 i think - i have had a few comments made about this lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"120 i think - i have had a few comments made about
this lol

Yep, that's about right   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  ; give or take a bit depending on their height and seat position...

Anonymous

i just get the screaming in the ear and the nagging that follows but thats only at 40 mph. good job she aint in the car when i go to work down the country lanes  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: