Realistically, what's it worth?

Started by juansolo, January 15, 2004, 15:28

juansolo

Utterly boggo, March 2003, Sable, with 15000 miles...

I may have to bite the bullet soon and flog it   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

GSB

Prepare to pull your pants down...

The first year is a nightmare for depreciation, but you may buck the trend if you can afford to wait for spring, when all the convertible wanabees are fighting amongst themselves for anything with a removable roof. Thats when you'll get good money for it.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Why the loss Solo? Shame......

Anonymous

Parkers reckon £13.1K trade or and £13.8K private on a 52plate with 10000 miles.

As yours is newer, but higher milage, I wouldn't expect too much difference.

Remember not to tell them about your trackday addiction.

Anonymous

I got mine checked out and it was £14506 private sale with 11k on the clock (03 reg) - used parkers or some other site like that.

markiii

sh*te

ate to think what my 51 is worth then.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"sh*te

ate to think what my 51 is worth then.

You're not the only one  s:) :) s:)   Keep it for a few years, then it'll hurt less.

juansolo

£14k is actually what I expected.  Not too bad then.

The reason is that I could simply do with the money.  Unfortunately when I came off shifts it made me worse off to the tune of about £10k and paying for the Mr2 is leaving me very little disposable income.  Shame as I love the car.  

Just thinking about it now before I put too many miles on it.  As it is, if it goes, it's likely to be Marchish when it'll be a year old.  To be replaced by a £4k barge of some description.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

markiii

well financial issues aside, the only reason I will change mine is if I find something better.

And without robbing a bank to pay for the insurance and servicing thats will be interesting.

Elise is a possibel, but I figure I couldn't use that for all my motorway work.

So the choise is 90% of teh fun all the time of 100% of the fun 10% of teh time.

I'ts a no brainer really.

besides We have a far better bunch of people in our club  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Depending on your reg, you have to be carefull.

Although we have just been offered £14k as a trade in for our 03 model on a 52 plate with 4500 miles.  The problem is that parkers and glasses guides do not regonise the 03 model on a 52 plate!.  It is regonised as face lift from the 03 plate.

The audi dealer we talked to though new the difference when he got the quote, he did however say that we should have got leather and AC as it would shift for more that way!

filcee

Quote from: "cstevens"should have got leather and AC as it would shift for more that way!

The primary reason I have them (and the H/T).  Although a couple of dealers last year told me they didn't make the car worth more money!  I asked for the same options on the under-consideration car for no money, if that's what they're really worth   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Needless to say, those dealers didn't get any business from me.
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"he did however say that we should have got leather and AC as it would shift for more that way!

And would have cost you £1500 initially.  So probably not really worth it for depreciation alone.

Anonymous

Although I have HT/AC I see them more as a deal closer i.e. makes the car more of an attractive buy/sale proposition rather than any real chance of recuping more money when I sell mine (perish the thought).

Anonymous

Can anyone advise me!?

I've put my '2 up for sale, just with some notices in the window for now, but I want to change in March. I've checked Parkers and it would be 13.5k from a trader I've been offered 11.5 from a trader, which they said they could work on, just thought i'd try for myself first.

Im asking 12999 for an '02, silver, leather, mats and all my bits on, unless they're unwanted. The only issue with mine is the miles i've done - 35k other than that its Mint, I really have cherished this car, washed weekly and polished monthly, Im sure the first to see would buy, but it all comes down to price.

I've seen our cars being pumped out from these car hypermarkets new for £14999+. Shocking.

Anonymous

Steve, sell privatly then mate. You may also find that any bits you have put on you would be better selling on here as you may not get the money back on a private sale or from a dealer... and people on here will probably rip your arm off for any goodies you have to sell!   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

I presume Kris is vultering after your Apexi then!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cstevens"I presume Kris is vultering after your Apexi then!

Nah.... well... maybe!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Chris

better not offer mine for sale then either - what with the apexi and remus...

veering closer to selling at the moment, so need talking out of it...   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:!: :!: s:!:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

yeah you dont want to sell chris... but if you change your mind... let me know if you want to sell your remus and or apexi!   s:D :D s:D

heathstimpson

I may be in the market for an Apexi tooooooo  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  In line after Kris of course  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: