Windscreen Wiper blade

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2004, 22:05

Anonymous

Anyone know the best place to get a windscreen wiper rubber blade from? Must admit im not a Halfords fan! They tend to be rather expensive in there.

Thx

Anonymous

Mr T charged me about 8quid + VAT for the drivers wiper.

Tem

I don't think you can even find a perfect match without going to Toyota.

There are usable close-enough's in just about every car parts store, tried them once, but never again. They do work, sometimes even for two days without the need to adjust them  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I have just replaced the wiper blades but I thought I paid about £1 each from Toyota as it was literally just the rubber strip. I will check the price when I get home tonight.

The old blade just had to be removed, the 2 metal strips embedded in it for stiffness removed and slotted into the new blade before fitting to the wiper assembly and then it went back on to the wiper arm.

Much cheaper than on my previous car (Ford) where you had to replace the wiper assembly with the blade attached and would cost about a £10 each.

Tem

Quote from: "Lusaka"I have just replaced the wiper blades but I thought I paid about £1 each from Toyota as it was literally just the rubber strip. I will check the price when I get home tonight.

That sounds "more right"...I don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was less than 5 euros for both anyway...definitely not worth trying to find anything cheaper.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

zud

I think my local place charged me £2 each when i had just the rubber bits replaced (rip-off by comparison   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).  

More recently a metal clip broke, which allowed the blade to move out of the arm, and the local car place has just closed down.  I couldn't be bothered to mess about so just went to local Halfords and paid £6 for the whole arm... It's been on a few weeks and is still very good   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  and I'm tempted to go back for the driver's side one (£7 I think)
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

Like an idiot I went to Halfords and had to buy the whole assembly (mine had rusted) and it cost £17!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The passenger side blade is now attempting to leave the arm at motorway speeds. I'll just bight the bullet and go to Toyota next time.

dave

zud

Quote from: "davejevons"Like an idiot I went to Halfords and had to buy the whole assembly (mine had rusted) and it cost £17!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

The passenger side blade is now attempting to leave the arm at motorway speeds. I'll just bight the bullet and go to Toyota next time.

dave

Oh!!  I'll look forward to driving motorway speeds then!!    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

I've had no problems yet, but haven't done much motorway driving.  And probably none with the wipers going.
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Slacey

My lovely dealer charged me... nothing  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Your dealer ought to be knighted for services to the motor industry!  My dealer (Sturgess, Leicester) would probably tell me to bog off!    s:( :( s:(  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Just got back from Mr T, £3.74 plus VAT..

Im happy with that! Saw the latest MR2 in the showroom too.....  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

My Toyota dealer charged me £9.98 for the pair of rubbers only. Different lengths too, hadn't realised that.
What's going on?

Slacey

Ha, they're motor dealers...  s:? :? s:?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Sean, they only reason they give you such good service is... well how can i put it... well i wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of you put it that way mate!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  You probably scare them half to death!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

Quote from: "smr2ley"My Toyota dealer charged me £9.98 for the pair of rubbers only. Different lengths too, hadn't realised that.
What's going on?

thats expensive for a couple of rubbers. A pack of 3 is usually cheaper   s8) 8) s8)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: