Is it me or is this way too high?

Started by Ama_1979, August 11, 2008, 09:13

Ama_1979

Just at work browsing Flea-Bay and some guy has his 2001 Roadster up for sale with a 'buy it now' for £6,700 and a reserve of £6,500.  Yikes thats optimistic isn't it?  Or is it?  In Red with 88,000 miles,  with no sign of any service history.  Just seems way over-priced to me..

Just thought I'd share that with you all   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

markiii

book price would be £6.5 to £7K depends on mileage e.t.c

problem is there are newer ones being priced cheaper at the mo
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ama_1979

Yeah, I've seen some real bargins recently...

loadswine

I think the seller is being very optimistic indeed, especially with that sort of mileage and no history. At least a grand too much  I think, unless there is something very special about the car that I am unaware of.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

aaronjb

Nobody wants to buy my broken car for £12k, then?
No?
Damn.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

To be honest, that would have been a fair price but it seems the market is flooded with cheaper, newer cars and with the credit crunch it all adds up to buyers market, to be fair to the seller he probably paid £9k for it and wants a %age of that back!

ChrisHumes

i was only offered 5k for my 2002 against a tt at the weekend. was expecting at least 6k. i think the price has gone from the mr2's now

northernalex

Quote from: "ChrisHumes"i was only offered 5k for my 2002 against a tt at the weekend. was expecting at least 6k. i think the price has gone from the mr2's now

Blinking heck
1)Thats not much for a 2002!
2)A TT?? why  s:) :) s:)

Vulture mode.. sell me your side vents?  s:) :) s:)

Alex
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

ChrisHumes

ha, i couldnt let it go for 5k mate, if i was offered 6.5 i would have but they wouldnt budge!

Anonymous

I know that this sounds as if I'm trying to be clever, but I've been there a few times in the past few years.
There is only so much in a deal; you either get it on the trade in or off of the purchase.
Usually they will try to 'distract' you by concentrating on the price of the trade in, whereas, in reality, you should concentrate on the price of the car you want. Use the price books available - 'this says £x to buy and £x for mine, they will of course 'rubbish' this but just stick on in there. The deal is somewhere in the middle. If they won't budge then you did the right thing and walked. There are plenty more out there.

Tags: