Roadster, meet Mr. Rabbit!

Started by WillsSayers, August 29, 2008, 08:17

WillsSayers

Splattered a rabbit at about 80 - 90mph on my private runway this morning! Knew there'd be some kind of damage, so got in to work and had a look. Blood smeared all up the bumper, a little clip-on part that came out and was being held on by the mesh (clipped back in place) and a crack along the front lip! Worst of all, I ran my finger accross the crack under the lip to see how bad it was, and encountered some fresh rabbit meat hanging on for dear life  s:( :( s:(  :p

Will the crack in the front lip be repairable with a bit of filler/glue? There doesn't seem to be any missing plastic!

Just my luck, I've just spent the last 2 evenings cleaning my car and even considered taking the front lip off last night!   s:D :D s:D

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

spit

oops!

Bumper cracks tend not to get worse unless you hit another rabbit, so a quick repair should be fine if you can live with the result.

If you take the bumper off and clean everything up, you can always bond across the crack from behind for a little extra strength.

You might want to wash everything down first before the inside of your car smells like an abattoir   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

[Mod]Moved to .... erm, actually, I'm not sure where this should go   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  (stet)
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

WillsSayers

Mods: I was umm'ing and ahh'ing about posting this in Appearance, but wasn't sure if the hands-on repair people would catch the question there  s:) :) s:)

It's JUST the front lip, which isn't even glued on yet, so taking it off won't be an issue. But I may need to wash it down soon; I've left the roof off so it shouldn't be too bad ;D

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

Wabbitkilla

Congratulations

Strangely considering the number of the little critters i've sent on their way, i've never suffered bodywork damage.
I always manage to get them under a wheel - lesson for you there i think.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

WillsSayers

Well at night I'm normally in a hieghtened state of awareness; foot ready to dab the brakes, or avoid it if need be (assuming the roads are clear). But I wasn't expecting one to play chicken at 7:30am! Smashed many of them when I had my Focus and no damage at all. Hell, I had a pigeon fly in to my windscreen at similar speeds and leave nothing more than a grease smear! I think my luck's caught up with me  s:D :D s:D

StuM

Had a couple years ago in an old Nova of mine - they were no match for its steel front valance!

My Dad once hit a seagull on the motorway - with his roof rack.  It disintegrated and when he looked in the mirror it was like there'd been a huge pillow fight!
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

evileye_wrx

Never had a rabbit, but killed many a pheasant wth the car up in Northumberland. Perhaps my username should be Pheasant Killer, or maybe Pheasant Plucker   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Wabbitkilla

Good job we all know what you're really like Phil and wouldn't want to change that   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

It just doesn't have that ring to it, and you'd be limited with the number plate.

At the right time of the years, you could be a chick killer Phil
Would you really want to be? .....

Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

kentsmudger

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Never had a rabbit, but killed many a pheasant wth the car up in Northumberland. Perhaps my username should be Pheasant Killer, or maybe Pheasant Plucker   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Phil

I got a pheasant the other day on the motorway. I was in the middle lane and the car in front drifted to the right a little to straddle over a dead one lying in the road, rather than splat it with a wheel. I did the same thing but, just as I was too close to change course, it stood up!

Boom - Feathers everywhere, in the side scoops, the front grille, underneath, everywhere! Got the Karcher our as soon as I got home. Icky.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

DannyN

A mate of mine hit a cat years ago in his old knckered fiesta,  didnt think anything of it and continued driving home.
When he got home he took a look at the front of the car to see what damage it had done only to find it dead and skewered on the towing eye   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:  he'd dragged it all the way home eurrggh - had to scrape it off wiith a spade  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Tags: