Children in the passenger seat

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2008, 15:31

Anonymous

Just been told by mr halfords that children are not allowed to sit in the passenger seat of a 2?

Ive searched loads of legal sites and they all say they can as long as they have the required booster/seatbelt etc.

My daughter is 6yrs old and is desperate to get in it.

Anonymous

I don't think they are quite correct there.
If aged three and under 12 or less than 135cm in height then can use the front passenger seat but must use the correct child restraint (not sure what the correct restraint is mind)

kentsmudger

As you say, as long as they have the required booster/seatbelt etc. they are fine. The only issue in the front seat is with a rear-facing baby seat and the air-bag.

I have three girls, aged 4, 5 and 6, they have a good-quality child booster and love to ride in "daddy's lid-off car"!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Anonymous

That was exactly what i said to the fool, he refused to sell me a booster for her saying "its illegal to let a child ride in the front"

What an idiot, you shouldnt make statements like that unless your 100% sure what your saying is correct.

Think i'll get it from argos then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thanks guys.

kentsmudger

Mothercare has a good range, and you can (and should) try the child in the seat for size etc before you buy.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kentsmudger"Mothercare has a good range, and you can (and should) try the child in the seat for size etc before you buy.

She has one already but im trying to find one that will be small enough to store in the rear compartment of the passenger seat   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

If one even exists?

I'll give mothercare a try and take her with me tomorrow, cheers.

evileye_wrx

Surely if there is only one set of seats then they can't be the front seats as that implies that there are back seats. Could it not be argued with the same fuck wit logic of a Halfords Staff member that the only seats of the '2 are actually the back seats so he can sell you the correct restraint. I particularly hate Halfords today even tho I haven't been near the place in weeks! Tossers

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

Im in stitches at evileyes reply, but its very true indeed.

If theres only front seats then surely they should be classed as the front and back seats   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

What the Halfords staff member may have meant is that you shouldn't strap the child to the spare wheel!   s:D :D s:D

evileye_wrx

Of course the child in question would not be hurt in an accident if you put them in the luggage bins, esp if all 4 straps are used in said infant. Of course the view won't be as good as from the back seat, or the front seat for that matter   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

The scary thing is that the bloke from Halfrauds can go home tonight and start breeding, thereby replicating that total lack of intelligence.

*shudders*

dbrown

wonder what halfords would say about the bmw i saw last week in newcastle,
a bloke driving with a child maybe 2 yr old stood on his knee with hands on the steering wheel.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

Anonymous

I wonder which would be voted the better driver   s:D :D s:D

Silverman

Brother David, (Howson), knows more than a bit about this and may condescend to comment?    S'man
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Anonymous

If you actually mean 'the David Howson' then I guess you and me should leave the forum   s:D :D s:D

davidhowson

Another prime example of talking out of their bums!
There is no law against children in the MR2 (unless you want to keep them out of cause   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) as long as they are in the correct forward facing child seat. Remenber - NO rear facing child seats should be used in the front of  any car with active air bags.
As far as using a child seat in the 2, Toyota include 7 pages on the subject in the owners manual.
As for brands, well I personally have Recaro "Start" and "Monza" seats the latter is excellent and complies to the lastest EU R44.04 regulation for safety.

I use the 2 as my every day drive including the daily school run. When the sun shines (yeah right!) we arrive with the roof down, with a loud noise and big smiles. It's a great feeling watching all those other mums and dads in their people carriers turn green   s:D :D s:D  

Happy motoring

Brother David   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Sigh, it's simple, don't procreate.

Silverman

Quote from: "nelix"Sigh, it's simple, don't procreate.

In your case it should be legally enforced!  

(Thank you David.  I knew you would quickly clear up this one. HYHAGH.)
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Silverman"
Quote from: "nelix"Sigh, it's simple, don't procreate.

In your case it should be legally enforced!  

(Thank you David.  I knew you would quickly clear up this one. HYHAGH.)

Please explain?

kentsmudger

Quote from: "davidhowson"It's a great feeling watching all those other mums and dads in their people carriers turn green   s:D :D s:D  

+1 !  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Too right, im actually praying for sunshine on tuesday as its the first school run back with my 2  s:) :) s:)

Tags: