[Opinons wanted] Found a few bits on fleabay

Started by Anonymous, September 7, 2008, 20:42

Anonymous

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-MR2-00-04- ... dZViewItem m

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/00-04-TOYOTA-CELI ... dZViewItem m

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/00-05-TOYOTA-MR2- ... dZViewItem m

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-00-05-MR2- ... dZViewItem m

Bracing seems decent enough price, and so does the short shifter.
The induction i don't know, I have had experience with them before which was good, but on a 1.2 8v punto, don't know how it will react on the 2.

Wabbitkilla

[MOD] You know the rules about posting links up about ebay items, are you just raising attention to them or asking people if they think you should buy them?
You have a PM, i recommend you answer promptly [/MOD]

<edit> [MOD] DeeJ is indeed considering these as possible purchases for him to improve his car. Title edited, and pleae feel free to comment on his choices.
Thanks for the response DeeJ [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

markiii

induction is a piece of shit avoid it

I'm half convinced it led to engine failure on one roadster I've seen
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Items 3 & 4 are not much good on an 04 and younger car - they already exist  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Just shows these people do not know what the hell they are selling.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Rob.

Anonymous

Quote from: "FGRob"Items 3 & 4 are not much good on an 04 and younger car - they already exist  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Just shows these people do not know what the hell they are selling.  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Rob.

But as older cars go, pre-facelift are they a good modification.

Wabbitkilla

Yes DeeJ, items 2, 3, and 4 will be good for your car (2001 Roadster Rob), and if you can get one a breastplate will be even better.
They're a darned good price really.

Item 1 - don't go there, those things are very poor and there's at least one car i remember on here that had terminal engine failure fitted with one of those things. On a budget you're better off getting a Markiii intake pipe with a freer flowing panel filter if you can't get one of the known good intakes - Injen, AEM, Apexi, PPE.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Bracing looks good, looked at this before, looks very inexpensive.
Would like to see some opinions if you purchase, also if the guy will do postage deal for multiples

Anonymous

Quote from: "DeeJ"
Quote from: "FGRob"Items 3 & 4 are not much good on an 04 and younger car - they already exist  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Rob.

But as older cars go, pre-facelift are they a good modification.

But the advert is wrong it say's up to 05, which could lead to some of the more inexperienced buying stuff they don't need - then it becomes expensive cheap stuff.  s:D :D s:D   I always work on the basis you pay's your money and take the risk - and how often we have proved you do take a risk.

Kool PT

Regarding the bracing, they look a bit like knockoffs of Che's products (ie a knockoff of a knockoff   s:D :D s:D  ) the difference being that Che's stuff is generally known to be of decent, albiet basic quality, and his level of customer service (in particular his after-sale support & return policy) is quite amazing. Get a set of these with a dodgy weld here and there, and I doubt you'd be in a very good position to complain about it once you'd paid for them. Furthermore Che's stuff is used by loads of people so a quick search on Spyderchat is usually enough to get a thread full of user feedback - doubt anyone on here or Spyderchat would be able to advise on these ebay parts. I'm well aware that not everyone can afford to be spending hundreds of pounds on TRD or other Jap parts, but if you're going to get cheap stuff at least get it from a guy whose products are generally accepted as being half decent, and who will be able to help you if anything goes wrong.

EDIT - one other thing I'll mention is that I messaged Che a few weeks ago to ask about his rear member braces, and he told me that he is revising the design at present and will be selling a new model as of some point in september/october. The rear 'arms' as copied in the links above are known to stiffen the car at least as well as post 03 bracing, but hopefully the new design will be a bit more substantial like the C-One or Corkies braces.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Kool PT

Just following up from that last post, here's an email Che sent me today:

QuoteHi Tom,

You are welcome, Thank you for the Business & Support !

The Rear Lower Brace are totally new design, the old version are 2 seperate I I Brace

The New version are in one unit that had the shape of [

nyeregis

Today I fitted my front brace supplied by the dealer referred to in the original post.  It is very light but the workmanship looks really good - short of NDT, to which I no longer have access I am satisfied with what I bought.  Installation was a breeze even working under the car raised only on breeze blocks, it took longer to raise the car than to install the brace.

I have given it a driving trial and am convinced it has improved the handling, it even made Catherine Jenkins sound better!!

Tony
Lagoon blue, hardtop, Corky\'s, Hass turbo, E Manage, A/C. Kirks.

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "Kool PT"Regarding the bracing, they look a bit like knockoffs of Che's products (ie a knockoff of a knockoff   s:D :D s:D  ) the difference being that Che's stuff is generally known to be of decent, albiet basic quality, and his level of customer service (in particular his after-sale support & return policy) is quite amazing.

I agree about Che's customer service, that's been discussed a lot in the past. The quality of Che products will be exactly the same as any of the other cheap Chinese knock off stuff. Che is merely an importer, as a a number of others on Ebay, which is why you see a few people, usually in the US selling pretty much identical goods. They all come out of the same factory, only difference is that Che sells on Spyderchat and as stated offers excellent aftersales service.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Kool PT

fair enough.

in that case then, i would consider whether after product support is worth the additional 15 quid or so from che. don't know if there's any any history of front member braces snapping or anything, so it's up to you. as I hinted at above, I'm waiting for che's new rear brace (which judging by his ASCII diagram is a four point brace, somewhat similar to c-one or corky's) to go on sale as the braces above, while better than nothing on a pre-facelift, apparently aren't that amazing.

onion86

Those short shifters are good. I got one a few weeks ago and it's changed my life  s:P :P s:P  You can pick one up the same for about £5 cheaper than that one though.

As mentioned before, I'd go for a Che option if you can coz he's generally very good with support from what I've read in past posts.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Tags: