[Gauging Interest] Standard Manifold - Gutted Pre-Cats

Started by Anonymous, September 16, 2008, 11:35

Anonymous

The manifold itself was brand new in April, and has seen about 3000 miles.
The honeycomb inside is perfect but of course they will be totally removed.

Just gauging some interest for these, as they would be a straight swap to save anyone the hassle of gutting them themselves.

Open to offers

Liz

Now this is my opinion, but something like this is just done on a swap basis normally and not sold, but of course thats down to you, also you put it down as a group interest - or are you just selling yours?  Confused, oh yes I am!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"Now this is my opinion, but something like this is just done on a swap basis normally and not sold, but of course thats down to you, also you put it down as a group interest - or are you just selling yours?  Confused, oh yes I am!

Sorry, just put GI down as Gauging Interest, my mistake. And yes i'm selling mine.

uktotty

will there be a fee or is this out of the goodness of your own heart?

Anonymous

Quote from: "uktotty"will there be a fee or is this out of the goodness of your own heart?

Ideally want something out of it as I have to fork out alot of money in the past month so trying to gain something back.

Also open to swaps

Anonymous

Tbh once the manifold is off the car everyone is just going to gut their own.
Two reasons, personal satisfaction and not paying out needless money to someone who has had lots of free advice from many members on here who in return is trying to make money off them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "DeeJ"
Quote from: "uktotty"will there be a fee or is this out of the goodness of your own heart?

Ideally want something out of it as I have to fork out alot of money in the past month so trying to gain something back.

Also open to swaps
How about a straight swap for all the free advice you've received here over the last month or so? No? No good to you? Oh no, that's right, you ignored a great deal of it.

My bad.

onion86

Quote from: "Ekona"How about a straight swap for all the free advice you've received here over the last month or so? No? No good to you? Oh no, that's right, you ignored a great deal of it.

My bad.

*EDIT* (not a sales thread nemore  s:) :) s:)  ) I 100% agree with you...

So are you just selling the 'new' one that you've got or you gonna buy lots and gut them all? Pretty sure it's unlikely people will pay for a gutted stock manifold (well unless you ended up losing money, or going round their house and doing it for them because most problems occur when people hear that they have to do anything mechanically to the car) so the swap would be your only choice. A garage does this for ~£70 so with 2 lots of postage of a quite heavy item and paying you to do it, wouldn't be worth your time or their money.

Quote from: "nelix"Tbh once the manifold is off the car everyone is just going to gut their own.
personal satisfaction

+1 Taking the manifold off first and putting it back on (which they have to do anyway to send it to you) takes longer than gutting it, which is the fun part! As above, most people don't want to take the manifold off themselves which's why they've not got round to gutting it (or just buying one from Che and getting some bhp gain). Flaw in your plan I feel  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

SimonC_Here

[mod]As it's gauging interest and not a for sale thread I'm going to move this. Then you lot can carry on discussing the pros and cons of manifolds.

If you want to try to sell it, create a for sale thread in the Private sales forum.

[/mod]

Simon

Tags: