Servicing question

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2004, 16:45

Anonymous

Hiya

Just a quick question regarding servicing.  I have an 03 model with very low mileage.  Does it need a 10k/1 year service or are the intervals just at 20K and when I get there?

when I was looking to buy second hand a lot of cars where offered as FSH but only had had 1 service at 20K.

One dealer I spoke to said they only needed servicing at 20K as well but the dealer that sold me the car said it needed an oil serivce at 10k or a year, whichever was first, for it to maintain it's warrenty.

Can anyone advise for definate.

Cheers

J.

Anonymous

Toyota call the 10K server a "health check" as I recall... which is probably why some dealers didn't include them.  Though at around £100 it's hardly something you can ignore.

However if you check the small service book, you'll see that you should be doing a service (minor/health check every 10K, major every 20K) every 10K or every year (whichever comes first).  I'd recommend for your own resale values that you get that done.

GSB

Every 10000 miles or once per year - whichever comes first...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "marriedblonde"One dealer I spoke to said they only needed servicing at 20K as well

That same dealer would probably change his mind when you came to sell the car back to him (as dealers do).

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys, thats what I thought it would be....

J.

Tags: