You need another new member here?

Started by Anonymous, October 1, 2008, 01:51

Anonymous

Hey guys,

I am looking for a new home to talk about our spyder  s:) :) s:)  .

ABout me:

I am from Mississippi (in the US). I now travel the world 6 months out of the year for my job. I am in Malaysia right now and will be headed to Japan for a few days (in 2 more weeks), then to Germany (if it has not changed to Paris yet), then to Egypt for a month.

I know this is an "across the pond" (for the US anyway) forum, but I figure since I will be across the pond for 6 months of the year, I should be ok  s:) :) s:)  .

Anyway, I have a 2000 MRS in red. I have many new mods in the near future that I will be doing and will need advise along the way. I will also document it along the way (such as new motor build etc.).

Anyway, I know some of you already and I look forward to meeting the other  s:) :) s:)  .

blahpony

You seem oddly familiar.

Or just odd.

s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Anonymous

Haha, I did not even look at my avatar, I need to change it lol.

Anonymous

Ok, all gone  s:) :) s:)  .

For those that might not know, I am Bus-Driver on SC, but due to the rash of political threads, fighting, etc., I no longer enjoy going to the site. I love working on my car, improving my car, and talking about our car. I have done much work to my car, but I still have some really cool things in store that I would love to share, and will need help with, in the near future.

Wabbitkilla

Welcome aboard Paul (again)  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

That's a fair old job you've got, but i guess the rewards are worth being uprooted for most of the time. So this is now officially the SC ex-patriot site for you.

Looking forward to seeing your input.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tem

Hello there Paul!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Hope you enjoy this site and keep coming back.  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Thanks, I help anyway I can  s:) :) s:)  . I know a little about everything with this car, and alot about nothing lol.

I don't know if I had posted the specs up to date on my car on here, but I will post some pics and the work done to it when I have more time.

Where do you all post your pictures at?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"Hello there Paul!  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Hope you enjoy this site and keep coming back.  s8) 8) s8)

Hey Tem  s:) :) s:)  . I will keep coming back for sure! I have been reading alot on here today and it is such a nice forum!! I wish I had done this long ago!!!

heathstimpson

Welcome Paul  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

loadswine

Hi Paul, good to have you over here mate.
I've seen some of the pics of the bodywork on your 2 and it is amazing. Sharing some of the bits you've still got in mind will be cool and very instructive as well .
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

markiii

welcome buddy
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "paul price"Thanks, I help anyway I can  s:) :) s:)  . I know a little about everything with this car, and alot about nothing lol.

I don't know if I had posted the specs up to date on my car on here, but I will post some pics and the work done to it when I have more time.

Where do you all post your pictures at?

Hi there Paul.

No room for picture hosting on the site its self so most people use imageshack or similar, or host them on personal websites.

I don't think there will be quite as much for sale here as on SC but you never know!

Simon

carl_evs

Welcome Paul - glad your over here as imho you have one of (if not 'the') nicest Spyders over on SC!!

Looking forward to your input over here!! Sounds like you do even more travelling than me with work   s:o :o s:o  
Don't know how you find it but living out of a suitcase isn't always the best - you miss your car for one!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

edward.carter

Welcome  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Hey all  s:) :) s:)  .

Well, some of the things coming up with my car will be...

Engine swap- Have the stuff to build a mean 1zz, but may go V-6 (its still up in the air as of right now).

I have the Harddog rollbar still to install.

I am going to be taking out my full exhaust and building a custom one (I have the top secret right now that has been converted to "duel").

New custom made wheels soon to come.

An onboard computer of some sort (have the stuff to go 2 different directions with this, just need to decide which way I want to go), to log into the PFC.

I am going to redo the seats (I have Celica (sp?) seats, just going to re-wrap them with custom detailing).

I am going to fab a center console (have not put much thought into it yet).

This is all off the top of my head. I have got some things in the works already, just have not been home much to work on them.

My main thing is to keep the car looking like an MR2 and not "overdone". There is a fine line and I try to keep from crossing it.

Anonymous

Not to worry about the for sale section, I have everything I need already. The things I don't have I will build or have to have made.

It is not bad traveling at all. I love to meet new people and see how others live! I have already met a great guy and his wife who have invited the woman (will be married to her Dec. 6th, and I to visit in  Malta! With all the flier miles I have we can fly first class for free  s:) :) s:)  . I only work 6 months of the year and get the other 6 to do as I please so it is not bad.

Tem

Quote from: "paul price"I am going to be taking out my full exhaust and building a custom one

That got my interest. I've been thinking about doing the same during winter.  s8) 8) s8)

QuoteAn onboard computer of some sort (have the stuff to go 2 different directions with this, just need to decide which way I want to go), to log into the PFC.

Another one I've been doing. Actually I already have the computer, but can't find any decent ideas for the display. And the display could be better at 800x600 resolution anyway...

QuoteI am going to fab a center console (have not put much thought into it yet).

I wish I could do that. It would solve the display issue too...  s:( :( s:(
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Hi Paul, welcome to our side of the pond mate.

roger

Welcome Paul, hope you like it on here. Occasionally we have our moments as well   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Paul, WTH!  Good to see you've taken solace elsewhere for the time being.  In a couple of months things will settle down on SC.  If you do decide to come back in the meantime, remember, that ignore button works great.  You can always unignore someone after this whole politics fiasco subsides...if it ever does.

Stay safe out there on them rigs, brother...

Anonymous

Hey bean  s:) :) s:)  .

northernalex

Hola amigo  s:) :) s:)
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

Anonymous

hola  s:P :P s:P  .

Tags: