Question RE: Bodyshops for the guys in the NE

Started by WillsSayers, November 19, 2008, 10:22

WillsSayers

Ola,

I've had the Euro bodykit sat in my house for a while un-touched and it's needing to get put on at long last. I've had the front lip on before, but hitting a rabbit at 80mph caused a split! There's no missing plastic, so I'm assuming it'll be possible to fill it up and give it a new lick of paint. I know it'll be weaker, but then again I don't expect to hit anything else!

Can anyone supply me with the names of a few body shops, as I wouldn't mind getting a few quotes. Any experience you've had with them would be great as well.

Ta!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

evileye_wrx

I think there is a company called FRA somewhere Durham way that ROC N ROADSTER used for his body kit and recommended . I might have the number at home so will pm you if I do.

Otherwise Woodsport do such things tho are usually very busy with engine swaps.

I'm sure there are others. if I was you I'd register on jap north east's forum and ask there. Mine was done by Toyota so couldn't really comment.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

WillsSayers

I know there's a place called Appleby or something down by Barnard Castle - my mate told me they're a bodyshop, so I may try there also. Will look in to getting reg'd at JNE  s:) :) s:)

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

dbrown

appleby do alot of crash repairs not sure about body kits

my neice had her car fixed there and they phoned later to say they'd have
to charge double her excess to cover damage to her courtesy car
my brother (her dad) went in and they had to open the courtesy car boot
and hold it half way open in line with a flourescent light to even make out any mark   s:? :? s:?  

then heard a rattle in her own car later and found a panel beating hammer in the engine bay
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

WillsSayers

My mate's used 'em quite a few times without complain before, and apparently they have quite a good reputation for body work. I can only assume they go for the neck if dealing with insurance companies (or have I read your post wrong)?

dbrown

maybe a one off case
but i wouldn't be happy if i found a hammer wedged in the engine bay
obviously everyone makes mistakes at times but it only takes one to put someone off

edit: forgot to say they didn't charge the excess on the courtesy car in the end
as it was obviously a con in the first place
Darren

2004 silver roadster totally [strike]standard[/strike] wrecked \":(\"

Tags: