Goodbye Roadster?

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2004, 10:11

Anonymous

After 3 and a half years of happy Roadster ownership, I'm *that* close to waving goodbye to it. As much as I love driving it, there comes a time when you miss the space, rear seats and interior gadgets, plus it's starting to show it's age a bit (just scuffs and rattles, nothing serious).

So, I'm currently in mid-negotiation on a year-old Seat Leon Cupra R. What a totally different car though; rocket-ship power (once the turbo's spooled up; real punch in the back stuff), break-neck brakes (and I thought the Roadster's were good!), and most importantly, a boot and rear seats (although only two small ones, as it has the optional Recaro's).

Unless anyone makes me a killer offer on my Roadster (2000W, Lagoon Blue, 32k, AC+Leather) in the next few hours, I'm not looking to sell it privately; yes, I'm being screwed on the trade-in, but I want it gone with no overlap hassles (it being our only car).

[edited to remove for sale parts]

I'll be sorry to see her go...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Slacey

s:( :( s:(  It is indeed a sad day. You won't be leaving us lot though, eh Phil?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

Seats? Boot?

Still coming to JAE Phil?

seriously, it's not trade I'd do but make sure you stick around if you do.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Tis a sad day...

I tried the Cupra R and thought it was OK but not as much fun as the '2. Would deaf think about one if i went back to a 'normal' car though.

Anonymous

You have PM!  I'm interested in your Cusco...  s:D :D s:D  

Sorry to hear you're parting with it.. I've been thinking about doing just that recently too, as mine is sounding very ill at the mo, and looking a little scruffy! (2000 X, 47k..)

But it'll be the summer again in a couple of months, so I'm sure my enthusiasm will be restored!

Tim

mph

Quote from: "Slacey":( It is indeed a sad day. You won't be leaving us lot though, eh Phil?
No, he won't. You can't just decide to get up and leave "The Club".   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

/Martin - watching too many mob & gangster movies at the weekend..
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "c_a_r_t_e_r"But it'll be the summer again in a couple of months, so I'm sure my enthusiasm will be restored!

I've tried very hard to make sure I'm not just suffering "winter blues", but went touring Seat dealers yesterday topless, so I'm sure it's not that. The other factors just add up.

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"I tried the Cupra R and thought it was OK but not as much fun as the '2

Obviously not as "chuckable", no, and a totally different driving experience. It's difficult to compare the two really, as they're a different class of car. In it's class though, I think the LCR is pretty good; not as manic as a Civic Type R, handles better than a Focus RS, and at the end of the day, stonking value for what you get.

Quote from: "markiii"Seats? Boot?
Still coming to JAE Phil?

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   Do I sense a hidden agenda   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   Seriously though, no doubt I'd still hang around here, although not so often (you should see the traffic on  w www.seatcupra.net w    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  ), and might even make it to JAE for one last BBQ in the rain and all that    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

filcee

I know how you feel.  I'm lucky enough that we have a leon cupra and a '2, and I'm sat here looking at the snow outside thinking, I have to drive to London at 5am tomorrow, and I have no chance of using the Leon  s:? :? s:?
 .... and hindsight tells me that the (non-turbo) impreza I looked at before buying my first '2 may just have been a good idea  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Oh well, back on the train again, I must be pretty close to Craig's low mileage record now (~700 since 28 Nov last year  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   )
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Anonymous

Phil, you have PM

GSB

Quote from: "pmdye"- Stock exhaust (I can't be arsed with changing the TTE back off)

Cant say I blame you, considering the phenomonal amount of time it took to get the bloody thing on there in the first place!  s:D :D s:D
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Well, the '2 is definately now going. The Seat dealer surprised me somewhat by offering exactly the deal I asked for, which I wasn't expecting (damn, should have tried for more, but I thought I was pushing my luck as it was!).

Anonymous

Well, that's it. The Roadster has gone  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Hopefully the new owner of W701 JCG will appear here soon (the windscreen sticker is still in, and a big stack of flyers in the glovebox), and have as much fun in it as I had.

I probably won't be around here that often now, so if anyone wants me for anything, PM me (and I'll get an email alert).

Thanks all for some great (and sometimes challenging!) times here, and maybe I'll gatecrash some meets sometime...

Tem

Quote from: "pmdye"I probably won't be around here that often now

Don't worry, we'll keep you a seat, cause you will be back when spring brings all the lovely Roadster memories back  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

aaronjb

Good luck with the new car Phil - here's hoping you don't have any teething troubles  s:) :) s:)

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

You'll find it hard to leave. Look forward to hearing from you again "very) soon Phil. Get well soon and best of luck......

Slacey

Enjoy the new car Phil, and thanks for all your help  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Slacey's said what I was thinking.  Goodbye, and many thanks.

Anonymous

Farewell, you will be back soon, anouncing your brand new roadster!.

The cupra r is one we are looking at, but when we opened the garage door the other day, there she was, that lovely blue 2.

We cant bring ourselves to trade in the two cars for one...nothing is as good as the 2, and the focus will always be our shopping trolly.

Liz

Bye Phil   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Thanks for everything and all the best to you and Kerry
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

http://www.toyota.net.server1.m25.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=1329430&SearchType=National

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

up for £12k... blimey, they do hold their values well!

Anonymous

Yeah, if you can get that, that make me a LOT happier..........let us know how you get on.....

Anonymous

I didn't get that - it was part-ex'd; that's what it's on the forecourt at.

Still surprised me though! Oh, and it doesn't have a year's warranty left, don't know where they got that from (unless they've extended it).

markiii

surprised they didn't mention the exhaust, and lowering springs though.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Good point Phil. I forgot you had part-ex'd it. Sorry....  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: