Goodbye Roadster?

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2004, 10:11

shnazzle

I was starting to feel like I was whinging about Audis. Let me just be clear that I'm a huge Audi fan-boy haha! My dream car (aside from the 2 of course) is still a fully loaded carbon pack Audi RS6.

I bet the tt is a real hoot, and the quattro makes such a huge difference coming out of corners. That coupled with a (remapped) beautiful and proven engine+turbo combination... Can't go wrong really. Bullet proof.
Keep it well-maintained and you'll find that most of the time it actually produces more power than specified.

Keep an eye out for the PCV valve, tend to leak and lose boost. The high pressure pump has a cam follower, a little metal cup. This cup wears and can cause massive engine failure. Just replace it with every big service. Costs nothing and takes 10 minutes to replace.
Use good plugs, the TFSI engines are dirty buggers. They may use oil, don't be alarmed. This is much less on the 2012+.
The diverter valves may rupture, depending on the version you have. Revision D or G are the ones you want. Both are good to well over 450ish hp worth boost. No need for fancy aftermarket.
I'm a huge fan of the VAG CDL-based blocks. Especially couplrd with that lovely k04 turbo.

Enjoy! Vids welcome  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

RogerH

shnazzle

Thanks a lot for all the technical info. It's early days yet, so I'll wait and see if this old codger feels that a remap is worthwhile. I might save the dosh to spend on
Long Island Iced Teas on the 2 cruises we have planned for this year.
Sable May 2006. TTE Sports exhaust (glorious sound), heated leather seats and wind deflectors

shnazzle

Quote from: "RogerH"shnazzle

Thanks a lot for all the technical info. It's early days yet, so I'll wait and see if this old codger feels that a remap is worthwhile. I might save the dosh to spend on
Long Island Iced Teas on the 2 cruises we have planned for this year.

Good call. Go All-Inclusive if you can find a deal! Cost us 50 per person on booking and saved us hundreds. Especially as I was quite the fan of the "cocktail of the day"...all day...
...neutiquam erro.

RogerH

We don't bother with the drinks packages. Our LIITs aren't included, but on the first cruise the shots went from 12 to 18 each drink. STREUUUUUUTH!!! It then went onto buy-one-get-one-free LOL It seemed like years before our second cruise came round.
Sable May 2006. TTE Sports exhaust (glorious sound), heated leather seats and wind deflectors

Tags: