2004 Convertible Cars

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2004, 12:31

Anonymous

Interesting read...   s:) :) s:)  

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=102&i=7874

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

Yep, pretty good. Only the Seat really pushes things on though.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

Really intersting that..love the Spider and MX5.  And what have they done to the boxster?
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Oh my......hang on. Will get typing once I have changed my underpants.......

Thats better. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, the convertibles......

The Alfa. Oh.....my.....god. What a STUNNING peice of kit!!!!!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Utterly, utterly gorgeous.......

But not as gorgeous as the Aston!!!! Dribble.......oh bugger. Need to change my pants again..........

The MX-5 was nice looking, but a little bland. And to be honest, its a quite a bit away from the original in terms of design. The idea was to replicate a classic british sports car, and they did that perfectly. And that was and still is part of the great appeal to a lot of people. Ok, the design is VERY old now and a change is needed, but to go that far from its origianl design ethic could possibly be dangerous for sales. Time will tell....nice though it is......

The Porsche Boxter looks bloody hideous! WHAT have they done to the headlights? And the car looks strangely out of proportion now for some reason. Can't put my finger on it. It was never the most attractive car in my eyes anyway, but I could see its appeal. With that, well........they have wrecked it.....

The Seat is a very sexy looking motor. Very futuristic, but could be a little too outlandish for public tastes. We will have to see. But I like it. But not as much as that Alfa. Cor blimey, thats lovely..............  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

the volvo at the bottom is absoutley hideous ... more hideous than your normal volvo (which is hard 2 believe i know)

GSB

[Sigh...]If only used prices of alfas didnt plummet quite so hard... I nearly bought a new one, but the depreciation prospects made my eyes water.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

aaronjb

The insurance made my eyes water with the Alfa's, I looked at a couple before getting the '2.

Didn't really like any of the cars there though, aside from the Alfa and the Aston. The MX5 just looks like a 'mini RX8', and I can't stand the RX8  s:( :( s:(  (Saw it in blue the other day, and it looked for all the world like a family hatchback! The RX7 was so much sexier).

I'll take one of those 911's though, please, Mr Santa..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: John WoodwardThe Porsche Boxter looks bloody hideous! WHAT have they done to the headlights? And the car looks strangely out of proportion now for some reason. Can't put my finger on it. It was never the most attractive car in my eyes anyway, but I could see its appeal. With that, well........they have wrecked it.....
Unfortunately they seem to have made the georgeous Boxter look remarkably like the HIDEOUS Cayenne!  Now there's an idea Cayenne soft top???

MRMike

Quote from: "aaronjb"The MX5 just looks like a 'mini RX8', and I can't stand the RX8  s:( :( s:(  (Saw it in blue the other day, and it looked for all the world like a family hatchback! The RX7 was so much sexier).

Mazda will be making a direct RX7 replacement, with twin turbo's which should be awesome.  I think they only made the RX8 first to re-estabilish belief and interest in the brand and the rotary engine.  With the engines compactness it has the most benefit in a four door, four seater (packaging reasons). The really fun car is yet to come...
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

aaronjb

Quote from: "Andy S"Unfortunately they seem to have made the georgeous Boxter look remarkably like the HIDEOUS Cayenne!  Now there's an idea Cayenne soft top???

Urgh, now there's an abomination if ever there was one.. And Lisa actually thought it looked nice (she has no taste in cars.. I mean, she wants to buy a Daewoo Matiz!)

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"Mazda will be making a direct RX7 replacement, with twin turbo's which should be awesome. I think they only made the RX8 first to re-estabilish belief and interest in the brand and the rotary engine. With the engines compactness it has the most benefit in a four door, four seater (packaging reasons). The really fun car is yet to come...

I hope you're right there Mike.. I loved the old RX7 (late model ones, I mean), lovely curves, lovely looking car.. the current RX8 just looks like a family hatch to me  s:( :( s:(

[edited coz I thought Mike was Tem for some reason! Must see optician..  s;) ;) s;) ]
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Tem"Mazda will be making a direct RX7 replacement, with twin turbo's which should be awesome. I think they only made the RX8 first to re-estabilish belief and interest in the brand and the rotary engine. With the engines compactness it has the most benefit in a four door, four seater (packaging reasons). The really fun car is yet to come...

I hope you're right there Tem..

Huh...I didn't write that  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

MRMike

Quote from: "aaronjb"[edited coz I thought Mike was Tem for some reason! Must see optician..  s;) ;) s;) ]

Must be my new moody dark avatar!

Then.. Blue 350Z
NOW M3 V8

aaronjb

Quote from: "Mikeharper2"
Quote from: "aaronjb"[edited coz I thought Mike was Tem for some reason! Must see optician..  s;) ;) s;) ]

Must be my new moody dark avatar!

I think it was.. my brain connected it directly to Tem..  s:) :) s:)  Oops!

Tem

They are kinda same...but remember that I drive on the right side of the road  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: