Anyone had snow?

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2004, 17:58

Anonymous

Took this just now

Anonymous

we have a light covering in snowy birmingham.

kanujunkie

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  i want snow, i want snow  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Just took my bike out to have a look at the state of the roads in the city centre - the pic below is the high st - as you can see its nearly as bad there as anywhere else   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Ahh i can't get the pic to send - you'll have to take my word for it lol

Anonymous

all white and still snowing in daventry

Anonymous

A couple of inches fell during the day.
Forecast for a lot more Wed / Thurs ( 6 - 8 inches in NE Scotland in places ).
I'll be leaving the '2 at home and getting a lift to work from a colleague ( fwd Polos have their advantages at times ).

Safe driving,

Ally.

Anonymous

Still nothing here... but of a let down  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Got about 2-3 inches over night here and with no gritting in our village, we well as more forcasted for the rest of the day (PLUS no chance of getting a lift), I am going to wuss out and stay at home today!

Not sure that shoudl be HURRAH or Bugger cos I have to get the ceilings prepared now...............  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

Its snowing in Telford   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  and we move on Friday... Hopefully it will all clear up before then!

SimonC_Here

Snowed down here this morning as well.
Boy was it fun   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   driving in to work, would have stayed at home to work but I forgot to take the power pack to my laptop home with me. Could have probably got a couple of hour work in before the battery died!

Untreated junctions are a PITA.

Simon

(Drive carefully out there!)

aaronjb

Nothing in Slough this morning.. Just a tiny wee bit of ice on the untreated roads (i.e. my entire estate and the roads up to the A4).. Other than that it was fine, had been salted etc..

Which is lucky, considering the way the guy in the Mk2 MR2 Tubby was driving!

Long may the no snow last..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

This was Hull high street last night:

SteveJ

Luton got about 2 inches overnight - took me 10 minutes to get off the drive this morning, but once I did, BOY am I glad I have traction control and VSC. Just hit the throttle and let the computers argue it out amongst themselves - the backend drifts out slightly and sits there. COOL!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

It is a little disconcerting to hear the ABS pump chattering away even without touching the brake pedal though!!!!!

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "SteveJ"It is a little disconcerting to hear the ABS pump chattering away even without touching the brake pedal though!!!!!

Just ram the clutch all the way down and heave up the handbrake   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"
Quote from: "SteveJ"It is a little disconcerting to hear the ABS pump chattering away even without touching the brake pedal though!!!!!

Just ram the clutch all the way down and heave up the handbrake   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

I think he might have a problem doing that Peter. What with him having NO clutch peddle and all.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Simon

Peter Laborne

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"I think he might have a problem doing that Peter. What with him having NO clutch peddle and all.   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

D'oh!!!!

s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Chris

yep, we got a little overnight - i'll post the pic i took when i get home..

EDIT: Here's the pics... Snowy Mister 2
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Anonymous

This is outside my flat. The snow has melted a bit over the last couple of days, but its snowing again now. It doesn't look much, but the bits that are not plowed are about 9" deep. Where the plow has been, its a up to window hight on some cars that were parked at the time.

Still, I'm off to Crete of Saturday house hunting where its currently 19 deg C!

SteveJ

Quote from: "Peter Laborne"

The VSC uses the ABS pump to pull the brakes on individual wheels to keep the car in a straight line

Anonymous

BLIMEY!!!! its just all of a sudden dipped it down here... in the space of 10 mins EVERYTHING is white... must be a good CM or 2 on the floor already!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  So my 25 mile trip home tonight shoudl be interesting!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

Anonymous

tell me about it!  same here in Daventry, sunny - blizzard 30 secs inbetween!

Slacey

And Telford, it's pretty grim now  s:( :( s:(
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Chris

it must be moving up the country - clear and cloudy in london bridge now...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

MR2Blue

We had a blizzard on the Wirral for about half an hour between 2 - 2.30, nearly all gone now, melted away.  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

we only got about 1cm if that and it's all gone now ! but it was icy out as i was side ways in the Astra van LOL going from mine to london but thank god it isnt rear wheel drive   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: