Mark's New Roadster Project [FINISHED - PG4]

Started by ex-member, January 9, 2009, 16:37

ex-member

So I was told told start a project thread....so here she is!

So as you'll all likely know by now, I am now the proud owner of a 2001 bright yellow roadster. She has 38k on the clock, and is mechanically perfect bar a couple of tiny issues that need sorted.

Anyways, it's yellow....and granted, the yellow is actually VERY nice in person, but it's just not my thing, so the modding will indeed be commencing rather soon!

I'll be mocking up some photoshops shortly to give me an idea of what I want, but right now I'm picturing the small TRD stage1 lip (no problems with bumps and inclines etc like my old mk2), JDL sides (pending photoshop approval!) and JDL rear (again, pending photoshop!).

Alongside this, on it's way to me is a nice set of red leathers, which I shall likely be dying to get the correct, darker shad of red that I'm aiming for (cheers for the advice Rhon!).

Anyways, here's a couple of crappy driveway shots I took once I got her back from Englandshire...a blank canvas to play with!

Updates will follow shortly...

ex-member

Quickie photoshop of the modded JDL rear and what it could look like....doesn't look bad!

ex-member

And how she could look with nice red wheels to match the red interior I'm having delivered....

markiii

actually I really like that  :-) :-) :-)

thought for you to consider, if your painting anyway, do you prefer the facelift front bumper? cheap to do but it will need a slightly different trd lip

how about painting teh headlighst white?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Heatshield either white or red Mark, yup  s:) :) s:)

Still not sure on the front....I want something that wont catch once i lower it, so if anything it kinda needs to be a lip rather than a whole new bumper.

And yeh I'll look into the facelift bumpers actually...I like the fact that have fogs in them! Could my car actually cater for working fogs?

markiii

yep, I fitted some once, the fuse box is already modified for them
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Excellent  s:) :) s:)

StuM

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Quickie photoshop of the modded JDL rear and what it could look like....doesn't look bad!

Disliked the JDL rear.. until now, that black painted section is a great thought, makes it look 100% better.   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

custardavenger

I like the JDL kit. Would consider putting one on mine if I had the funds. As for the rear, I like it. Though if you want to go for it the modification I was thinking of was to cut out the bit you have in black and have an aluminium Diffuser made to fit the lower part and mesh of grill the big hole.

Either way welcome to MK3 ownership.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ex-member

Good idea there -- would indeed look rather good!

custardavenger

Watch out for my thread on performance and I'll be doing it to mine as standard but without cutting the bumper.
Project Custard Clicky

TO-OLD

Black multispokes with a small red rim around outer edge would fit the bill   s:) :) s:)

dubs

good luck to you Mark- its good to see someone grabbing the bull by the horns and getting back to projects and ideas on the forums-long may it continue.
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

ex-member

Hmm red leathers arrived today! They were cheap, so came with damage to the drivers bolster, but I can work around this no doubt  s:) :) s:)

Rowland

Quote from: "markiii"thought for you to consider, if your painting anyway, do you prefer the facelift front bumper? cheap to do but it will need a slightly different trd lip

I'm struggling to get an 03+ TRD front lip to be honest - Nice subtle mod though.
Photoshopped pic looks great by the way Mark

s:D :D s:D

ex-member

Meh, screw the facelift front in that case! I shall keep looking for something nice  s:D :D s:D  And cheers bud  s:) :) s:)

Rowland

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Meh, screw the facelift front in that case! I shall keep looking for something nice  s:D :D s:D  And cheers bud  s:) :) s:)

Are you doing anything rear spoiler wise Mark?
Big ass carbon wing for example?

s8) 8) s8)

ex-member

Not for the moment mate, no...if anything it'll be more of a lip type job...nothing huge like last time!

custardavenger

Aw go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.
Project Custard Clicky

ex-member

Welllllll just picked up my kit....80 miles there, then 80 miles back.....with the roof down and the kit hanging out! Great fun driving at 70 with the heating up full, and the roof down!

But it survived and we got home safe  s:D :D s:D  Erm, took a photo but it was dark, so you can barely see it hanging out!

Anyways, I like the kit! It bulks it up alot, but without adding too much "ugh"... I look at the front and keep thinking of the audi TT for some reason....

ex-member

Oh, and test fit pics to follow  s:D :D s:D

TO-OLD

lol your nuts  s:D :D s:D

ex-member

Got some WEIRD looks driving through Aberdeen with the rof off and that crap hanging out.....stopped to re-duct tape my stuff to my door (safety first!) and some burd stopped and started chatting to me about it! So roof down, with fibreglass products in the winter...at night = woman magnet!

Steven Velocity

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"And how she could look with nice red wheels to match the red interior I'm having delivered....

Ohh how I wish I could get that kit over here in the States without paying an arm and a leg. Seriously, the shipping alone is almost 3 times the cost of the kit!

btw, what wheels are those, and what do they weigh? They're gorgeous... Good luck on your project!
DRUM & BASS IS THE ANSWER, wobble wobble...HARD TECHNO ALL NIGHT LONG! BLOWN 2ZZ (R.I.P.) (FI project]/PFC/J&S Interceptor/complete custom 2.5" exhaust/6pd w/LSD/8lb aluminum Fidanza flywheel/ACT eXtreme clutch/TRD quickshifter/Speedsource brass shift cable bushings/BC Racing RAM coilovers/Woods slotted rotors/Hawk Pads/Saner 25.4mm front sway bar/Corky\'s BP/Kirks mounts/custom roll cage/JDM hardtop/Dev\'s KHCs/clear corner markers/150lbs added lightness/Toyo R888 for now BWAHAHAHA!!!

ex-member

No idea dude, sorry! But they're gorgeous wheels! I want something similar, but it's REALLY hard to find a nice dishy set of rims in correct sizes!

Tags: