Mark's New Roadster Project [FINISHED - PG4]

Started by ex-member, January 9, 2009, 16:37

ex-member

Ps test fitted the kit....PERFECT fit! The rear isnt gonna work easily though as even the stock exhaust doesnt point in the right direction....doh!

ex-member

Ta da, quick test fit  s:) :) s:)

Sides don't look very low mind you...no snaps of the rear yet  s:) :) s:)

scottish_turbo

If you are looking for that style of wheels I think you can get the borbet T in 16" to fit our car - don't quote me on that though.

Anonymous

You selling your black leather seats?

ex-member

I will be in a bit mate, yes  s:) :) s:)

ex-member

Toying with the idea of painting more of the rear black once I've fitted my kit....this is the regular kit....and the pic after is my awesome 30 second photoshop...

ex-member

And, err, one of the front if I was to continue the, err, style...baring in mind the car shall be white with red/polished wheels...

StuM

Not keen on the front.  Like the back, but prefer it with just the lower part black, as per:

Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Kool PT

prefer stuM's concept too, but would ultimately say don't bother. remember your car also has 03 inserts while the pic you're messing about with does not, which will make a difference to the black/white balance.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

ex-member

Yeh I was a tad unsure on the front too Stu...lol.

I like the rear with more black, as I think it'll work well with my facelift inserts, and keeps with my original plan when I had photoshopped that JDL rear...thing is, I may have to cut that lower part ysee, as I'm on a stock exhaust right now, and it doesn't point out the damn hole!

ex-member

Quote from: "Kool PT"prefer stuM's concept too, but would ultimately say don't bother. remember your car also has 03 inserts while the pic you're messing about with does not, which will make a difference to the black/white balance.

Yup that's one of the reasons I think it would work mate....I just like making things look a tad different to stock, as you may have gathered  s:D :D s:D

All opinions and ideas welcome of course  s:D :D s:D

markiii

£20 and a local exhaust shop will probably adjust teh exhaust to fit for you

not too kenn on teh front either but whatever you do, I suggest loosing teh grey dimpled bit on teh front bumper
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

StuM

Quote from: "Kool PT"your car also has 03 inserts

Ah, forgot that.  Would be interested to see the mock up - so, you'd paint the inserts black too right?
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

ex-member

Ahhh think so? Thatd be helpful.....as I really cant afford a new exhaust and wasnt keen on cutting my kit just yet!

You mean the bit at the top where the licence plate sits? How come? (also, off topic, but that smaler licence plate you gave me....firstly, is it legal? Sizes look fine anyways. And secondly, what did you attach it with previously?)

ex-member

Quote from: "StuM"
Quote from: "Kool PT"your car also has 03 inserts

Ah, forgot that.  Would be interested to see the mock up - so, you'd paint the inserts black too right?

Yup mate -- thus making it look more like it's sposed to be that way!  s:) :) s:)

markiii

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Ahhh think so? Thatd be helpful.....as I really cant afford a new exhaust and wasnt keen on cutting my kit just yet!

You mean the bit at the top where the licence plate sits? How come? (also, off topic, but that smaler licence plate you gave me....firstly, is it legal? Sizes look fine anyways. And secondly, what did you attach it with previously?)

yep those, you can fill sand and paint, or Dev was making grp covers that you just paint and stick on which may be easier, or not if your painting everything anyway

smaller plate is arguable, it's a legal font and a legal spacing, but strictly speaking it's too small

that said, on teh roadster and elise size cars it looks in proportion, it's only when you park next to something else it gets noticeable

never got pulled and dont; know anyone else who has either, as it's not taking the piss in teh real world
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

Ahhh, might have to give it a miss then....I have my application for the police infront of me (yes, my degree in graphic design is infact useless!), so taking chances isn't a smart idea!

uktotty

Do a search on SC for DEDEMPLATORS (SP)
something like that anyways, I have one and it covers up the dimples that Mark was referring to

ex-member

Ahhh cheers I'll go check  s:) :) s:)

Likely just sand and spray it anyways...though I shall inspect it first to see if that's the best plan  s:) :) s:)

Kool PT

de-dimplator

i will probably get one once i have fitted my new roof, fixed the crash damage to my front bumper/driver's side wing, fitted my new headlights and new number plates. gimme 3 months  s:) :) s:)
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

DannyN

Quote from: "markiii"
Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Ahhh think so? Thatd be helpful.....as I really cant afford a new exhaust and wasnt keen on cutting my kit just yet!

yep those, you can fill sand and paint, or Dev was making grp covers that you just paint and stick on which may be easier, or not if your painting everything anyway

smaller plate is arguable, it's a legal font and a legal spacing, but strictly speaking it's too small

that said, on the roadster and elise size cars it looks in proportion, it's only when you park next to something else it gets noticeable

never got pulled and dont; know anyone else who has either, as it's not taking the p*ss in the real world

Markiii do you have a plate on the front of your little 2 seater ??  It never used to   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

markiii

keeps falling off oficer TADTS

DannyN

s8) 8) s8)    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

ex-member

** POINTLESS UPDATE ALERT **

Welllll I had a spare couple of hours, so I figured I'd fit my front lip at least, seeing as it was a perfect fit, it would of course be easy!

I was wrong...I have modified the lip accordingly, so it flows round the side of the car (there were tiny gaps otherwise), but then I've found out that to hold the bloody thing on (with tiger seal no less), I need bigger clamps to hold it! Argggg! I have 11 clamps, and only 1 of them is big enough! Buggery!

So off to B&Q tomorrow to get more and hopefully fit the lip properly (Steve if you're reading, don't worry, mag comes first, lip comes second! Deadllllliiiiiines!).

Quick pics of it screwed into place; there's yellow gaps as it isn't stuck down obviously....

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"£20 and a local exhaust shop will probably adjust the exhaust to fit for you

I was the same when I got my blueflame, spent £30 and got someone to cut it and relocate the exhaust, anyone worth their salt will do it in no time Mark (thorpe).

Really like where you're going with the car Mark, going to look   s8) 8) s8)

Tags: