Mark's New Roadster Project [FINISHED - PG4]

Started by ex-member, January 9, 2009, 16:37

DannyN

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"(Steve if you're reading, don't worry, mag comes first, lip comes second! Deadllllliiiiiines!)

Jessie !!
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

ex-member

Cheers Mr Todd, I hope it all turns out ok too!

Think today I decided on Rota grids for my wheels....it was proving too complicated to get a set of rota D2s from the states...ugh

philster_d

After you get the kit on it will feel like yours at last.

/Phil

ex-member

Yup, sounds about right  s:) :) s:)

Think this is why I could never drive a standard car, as I like things being a little bit "me"

ex-member

Quote from: "DannyN"
Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"(Steve if you're reading, don't worry, mag comes first, lip comes second! Deadllllliiiiiines!)

Jessie !!

Lol just noticed that comment!  s:P :P s:P

onion86

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"Yup, sounds about right  s:) :) s:)

Think this is why I could never drive a standard car, as I like things being a little bit "me"

I know exactly what you mean. I had to make my Civic a bit different from the Norm so I had 'Civic' decals down the side of it (which were gold   s:( :( s:(   but I hand painted them black   s:) :) s:)  ). A bit chavy, but even something as small as that helps you to make the car your own and stand out from everyone elses, it's why I made sure I got a 2 with the bodykit as I would've kicked myself when I'd have spent 2k on buying one myself  s:) :) s:)

I see good things coming for this car and I think it might be one of my favs once it's finished.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

ex-member

Cheers dude, encouraging comments indeed!

I'll pass on the civic decals though  s;) ;) s;)

Think I'm gonna get 2 very small decals for the lower skirts.....red of some sort, to tie in with the interior and the red wheels etc etc

markiii

trd is a white and red sticker
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

ex-member

It is indeed....already on it  s;) ;) s;)

ex-member

Rota's arrived today! Gunmetal just now, but shall be painted the matching red once I have my interior sorted.

Anyways, 16s front and 17s rear  s:) :) s:)  ....just need to order tyres now!  s:D :D s:D

Kool PT

are they heavier than stock?  nice wheelz
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

muffdan

nice rollers
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

StuM

Very nice indeed.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

ex-member

Not sure about the weight in comparison, as they're 16 and 17" rather than stock 15, but I can say they're REALLY light (granted there's no tyres on them!).

Buggers only sent me 2 centre caps though, and as per those pics, it seems the 17s have larger recesses....odd...

DannyN

looking nice Mark, although the dish diffference looks a bit strange, pretty sure itll look fine once theyre booted and fitted tho
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

ex-member

Lol yeh the random offset makes the rear spokes stick out more....buuuuuut it'll be fine! (I hope!)

custardavenger

They are nice rims. Did I miss where you told us the width? What tyres are you going to run?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Chris_h

Good choice of wheels IMO
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

ex-member

They're 7 front and 7.5 rear  s:) :) s:)

Tyres shall be 195s and 115s (toyo proxes of course)

custardavenger

Fair enough, They looked alot wider than that.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ex-member

Welllllll it just so happens 2 of my tyres arrived (god knows where the other 2 are!) so I had them put on the wheels and fitted them  s:) :) s:)

Anyways, for some reason my springs are currently refusing to settle down, so the car looks like it's on stilts more than normal! Springs are to follow anyways!  s:D :D s:D  

So...pay no attention to the ride height!

Oh, and they're staying gunmetal til the red for my interior has been finalised  s:) :) s:)

ex-member

Ahhhh all fitted! Photo's crap as the shutter was playing funny buggers, but gives an idea of what they look like anyways! I think the 16/17 combo works well!  s:D :D s:D

Again, springs havent settled...!

TO-OLD

I cant wait to see the finished product      keep the pics coming mark

Anonymous

Wow a 4x4 MR2, don't see many of them about   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Love the wheels Mark, great choice  s8) 8) s8)

damonlaw88

Nice wheels dude   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
2004 Black MR2 Roadster - 17" Advans RG White - Tein S Tech Springs - Trials Front bumper and Side skirts - Custom Black Headlight - Hardtop - GReddy Pillar Pod - Defi Oil Temp - Defi Oil Pressure - Defi control Link - Alpine CVA1004R - Centurion Multiregion DVD player - Acoustics Solution custom sub box - Alpine 10" type S - Alpine sat nav - Red caliper - CHE Manifold

Tags: