A productive day! Some pics of my car now painted! Hurray!

Started by Andy_Foz, January 10, 2009, 19:58

Andy_Foz

Today was a productive day indeed! Got up at idiot o'clock to drive back to Surrey. Got the car in the oven and started getting it ready for paint. Prep work didnt take very long as I had done the bulk of it, but just wanted to give a couple finer details a quick skim and then a good sand down with a 500 grit paper.

Few progress shots...

And a few finished shots! The colour match is really good. This doesnt look particularly apparent as the car only had a very quick, light wash. Once it's had a good T cut and polish, I think it will match really well. Its certainly not the weather for that at the moment, though. Hoping it warms up a little next week. Hope others like it as much as I do. I really dont know if I can stand to get rid of her now.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:   Think I might have to look at other options first, perhaps renting a garage or something? Anyway, here are the finished pics!

Andy

Anonymous

Nice. Needs a spoiler and the rear plastics upgraded.

alancdavis

My thoughts exactly...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Andy_Foz

Quote from: "nelix"Nice. Needs a spoiler and the rear plastics upgraded.

NO!!! I dont like the new shaped plastics. Much prefer it as it is. Perhaps a smarter rear numberplate and a lip spoiler (nothing more) if I keep it, though.

Andy

onion86

Very nice Andy, agree, needs a spoiler  s:) :) s:)
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

s12vea

Very nice! We all just need some sun now!   s:D :D s:D
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

inert2k3

You've done a really nice job there IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of spoilers on the 2 but I'd swap out the rear grey number plate grill if it was mine.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I like your dinky number plates as well.

Mohammed

P.S: Do you have your own body-shop?
02 MR2 Roadster]
Wanted]
Coming soon]

ex-member

Like it ALOT mate!  s:D :D s:D

Ilogik

really nice combo mate, get some back to black on that rear grill looking bit grey :p apart from that I really like it, really clean looking, dished rimmage maybe?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Andy_Foz

Thank you for the cooments, everybody. Im afraid the rear grill is here to stay for definite. I really think it looks much better than the facelift equiavalent. The facelift model overall seems much softer and more of a Noddy car to me, with its smiley front bumper, round rear lights etc. Just isnt for me at all.

I agree though, it most certainly needs a clean! I struggled giving it a wash yesterday though with the cold weather, let alone detailing bits like that. Dont think I have thawed out yet from riding my bike 100 miles a day to work and back mon-fri!

Rims and a spoiler are all things Id like to do if I keep the car, but Im not made of money and am currently spending quite a bit on my house with fitting a new bathroom, repairing a crash damaged R6 and have a dreaded month with our family car, needing tax, mot and insurance, so dont think there will be any more mods for a month or so, just a bit of cleaning elbow grease when I get the chance!

Andy

Anonymous

Looking good,   I like the rear grille as well but  It would look even better with lights in like mine   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  CLICKY

custardavenger

Nice job there Andy. I'm with you on the pre facelift looks. Time for a dig about in the back of the sofa cos a big spoiler would look great.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Blue is probably the best colour for a body kit, imho.

custardavenger

Quote from: "nelix"Blue is probably the best colour for a body kit, imho.

If you have a blue car! Would look crap on a red one!!
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

ex-member

Quote from: "custardavenger"
Quote from: "nelix"Blue is probably the best colour for a body kit, imho.

If you have a blue car! Would look crap on a red one!!

lololol I dunno....someone could start a new trend  s:D :D s:D

StuM

Looks great Andy, top effort.  I hope you find a way that is practical to keep it after all the effort you've put in.
Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

Anonymous

Very nice combo front/side/rear excellent choices   s:) :) s:)  

Now u have to avoid rabbits on the road esle u ll have à front like mine:

This:

+This:

=

s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(  

Gratz for ur nice MR  s:) :) s:)

uktotty

Very good Andy
So did you actually spray it yourself or get a man with a can to do it?

Andy_Foz

Thanks, everyone.

I done the prep work and my painter friend done the painting (as in one of the pics!). I can fit kits all day long and can prime fine, but didnt have the time for me to potentially get a run or nowhere near as good a finish so opted for the easy way out!

I dont have a bodyshop, just enjoy kitting cars as a hobby!

Andy

dubs

that looks terrific fella- loving the kit and wheels on your roadster - did i read right you are thinking of getting rid?
MR2 ROADSTER - RED - HARDTOP - BLACK LEATHER - TTE TURBO - TTE SPRINGS - TTE EXHAUST - MARKiii PIPE - TOYOTA GB BODYKIT - TOYOTA GB LIP SPOILER- DEV\'S KEYHOLES - KENWOOD DDX 6029 - IN PHASE COMPONENTS - KENWOOD BLUETOOTH - KENWOOD iPOD INTERFACE - ALPINE SWD 1600 ACTIVE SUB - 17" SP12 ALLOYS

Andy_Foz

Yeah, Im considering it.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I genuinely dont want to, but what with some local scally wags having a go over the festive period, I really dont want to take the chance and attract attention in it. Ive stuck it on Pistonheads just to see what sort of interest it conjours up, but if I dont get any serious offers, I will hunt for a garage and keep it in there instead. Then I can get started on modifying the interior and turn it into a PROPER show car!   s:D :D s:D  

Will see how things pan out i guess. Thank you for the kind words though.

Andy

Ilogik

Quote from: "Andy_Foz"Yeah, Im considering it.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   I genuinely dont want to, but what with some local scally wags having a go over the festive period, I really dont want to take the chance and attract attention in it. Ive stuck it on Pistonheads just to see what sort of interest it conjours up, but if I dont get any serious offers, I will hunt for a garage and keep it in there instead. Then I can get started on modifying the interior and turn it into a PROPER show car!   s:D :D s:D  

Will see how things pan out i guess. Thank you for the kind words though.

Andy

Mate don't let nasty people ruin it for you, otherwise they win. Get a clifford or a pager alarm.  Having the clifford I feel much more confident, if your reallyw orried enable black jaxx on it, you have to input a code every time the door is opened, otherwise the car dies after a mile, locks down, sounds the alarm lol. Then can only be activated with the code.

[mod=simon]Just a language edit. Should really be in the filter![/mod]

ex-member

By the looks of it it's parked on a drive? If thats yours why not just put up a gate or a fence? Or even one of the cheapo shelter things that act as a pretend garage....?

Ilogik

Quote from: "mark_a_thorpe"By the looks of it it's parked on a drive? If thats yours why not just put up a gate or a fence? Or even one of the cheapo shelter things that act as a pretend garage....?

Don't even need to go that crazy, get 2 barrier things, then can be stuck into the ground and conctreated in.

prob cheaper than building a whole new fence and prob provide exactly the same sort of protection.

Andy_Foz

I dont have a drive way unfortunately. Those pictures were taken at my parent's house. I have a house, but only an en block garage which is full of tools and motorbikes!

Andy

Tags: