A productive day! Some pics of my car now painted! Hurray!

Started by Andy_Foz, January 10, 2009, 19:58

ex-member

Hmm, not good then matey...still, seems such a waste to sell it cos of this! Especially after all the work that's gone into it!

Ilogik

did they try to steal it mate?  or ws it you who had stereo pinched?

If it was stereo probably local smack rats getting  a quick hit, hence why they would slash the roof. Not intelligent enough to steal a car.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Andy_Foz

I have no concerns about the car going missing, just couldnt bring myself to fit another stereo only for the roof to be slashed and the stereo stolen again.

Back to work tomorrow, so going to print a load of 'can i rent your garage!?' flyers, do a mail shot down my cul-de-sac and see if it comes up trumps! Worth a shot, fingers crossed!

Andy

loadswine

Andy, have you thought of getting a cover for it? I have a lot of "over attentive" chavs near where I live and I find that when its under the cover it gets largely ignored, but when out in the open it draws them like flies to fresh dung!
Just a thought.
Car does look pretty nice though matey.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

ex-member

Hmm....this may sound obvious....and not the cheapest option I guess, but what about a hardtop?

Andy_Foz

Got it in your last part.... 'not the cheapest'!... I just couldnt afford it at the mo. Bridezilla (sorry, I mean Claire) is getting far too excited about the big day for me to justify £600+ on a hard top.

Good idea about the cover, Loadswine. I lived in Kingston and Croydon all my life up til last year so understand the problems you may face! Will definitely give that consideration if I cant get a garage. Thanks all.

Andy

ex-member

Guard dog.....chained to one of your wheels....easy!

They dont need much food, they bark when necessary, and fend off any chavs in the area....I think I'll buy 4  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Would you respray my car if I paid you? Also your alloys, can you get them in silver and if so what sizes are they please, your cars like mine.

Tags: