My Race Car Build

Started by Rowland, January 14, 2009, 20:27

Innocent

The car looked good Rowland! I had a great day in the sun watching most of the races, got down there about 11.30. I'm getting desperate to have a go now! A mate and I are targeting 2010, but probably in Mk2's as we should be able to find some good value ones second hand.

I think you're right about the extra bits needed. The Mk2's looked so much flatter through the turns, and it was there that they were making up time rather than on the straight, I was expecting it to be the other way round but I guess the power to weight balance works quite well. watching the 1st race from the long straight, the Mk3's had about as much pull on the Mk1's on the straights as the Mk2's did on youtube vids, and the 2's and 3's were pretty much level on the pit straight where I watched race 3.

What suspension set up did the other Mk3 have? It didn't look much flatter than yours to be honest, though the LSD was definately helping it out of the corners. Interestingly it's front left was just lifting of the tarmac on the exit to the chicane. By my logic thats a strong ARB with too soft dampers or springs, don't know if i'm right though! I recon that with the suspension sorted to corner quicker you should be able to out-brake the Mk2's down the inside and carry the advantage no probem.

Ps, i've got a good pic of you taking the chicane, i'll get it up here as soon as i find my cable to plug the phone into the computer!!

philster_d

Good work.

Phil

Rowland

The thing is virtually all of the mk2's and the mk1's in the field are modified as far as the reguations will allow.
That means adjustable ARB's, Yellow Billies, upratded springs, camber bolts etc etc.
The mk3's can potentially have all that too plus the LSD and I reckon it should put the mk3 right up there, especially at the more technical circuits.
Alrics mk3 had the same Tein springs as mine but with Whiteline ARB's - that's it.

If you've got an action pic I'd be interested to see it, so far none has surfaced as yet.
Thanks for popping along, roll on Brands Hatch!

s:D :D s:D

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Rowland"If you've got an action pic I'd be interested to see it, so far none has surfaced as yet.
Thanks for popping along, roll on Brands Hatch!

What's the date for the next Brands race? I only live round the corner. Hope to be there with my camera!
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Rowland

Quote from: "kentsmudger"What's the date for the next Brands race? I only live round the corner. Hope to be there with my camera!

Saturday April the 25th off the top of my head.

Captain Vimes

Good work Rowland - I'm looking forward to hearing how the cars compete when they're on equal terms.

Tags: