225/50/16 fit ok? 16x8

Started by Ilogik, January 27, 2009, 20:30

markiii

why can't you lower it?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"why can't you lower it?

i wouldn't get off my drive or into college lol.

Front bumper touches the floor if at a slight angle., it just catches everything. have around 2 inches clearance on the front.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

theres a mod for teh trial bumper to releive this issue
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

loadswine

I think he has done that one already Mark. Might be time to go to stage 2 with the bumper trimming and get the sides reduced, not just the centre. I have considered this myself.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Ilogik

problem in trimming down the bumper more now isthe fact you reduce the catching surface, so from being a flat surface it becomes a sharp thin lip, and it catches and rips rather than sliding off.  Nothing worse than when cars block my drive and i have to go head on it just scrapes, got chunks missing from the front  s:( :( s:(   Thinking of getting a diffuser? lower lip made, or look for that stuff they put on that stoney looking roofing, that a sort of uber thick gaffer tape with metal in to edge the bumper to thicken and project it a bit.

Ilogik

as you can see here any slight raise and the bumper catches

makes a great snowplow

Tags: