Stuck for an exhaust. Help!!!! Got the exhaust but Help

Started by manchestermatt1986, February 15, 2009, 18:47

manchestermatt1986

m http://www.vortex-performance-exhausts. ... oyota/mr2/ m

Anyone heard anything about these? A friend of mine mentioned them but doesn't know much about them.
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

frogger

As far as the "vortex" effect is concered, think its one to add to this thread  l viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30129 l  along with desktop PC cooling fan 'superchargers' strapped to intakes and a resistor bridging your IAT sensor...

... I stand to be corrected if someone can explain the flow dynamics to me in a convincing manner -their website certainly makes no attempt!

carl_evs

Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"So with a mappable chip unit, a decat with remap would be the best for performance? Or wouldnit not matter either at without cat / with sports cat as long as it's remapped?

Decat is technically illegal as you have to swap it back once a year so that your car can pass its MOT. With a sports cat there is no need to do this as you retain the CAT, just have a more free flowing version. For someone who doesn't mind getting down and dirty with changing them over, a decat is fine. If however you are the sort of person adverse to turning your own spanners then you are better off with a sports cat as you can fit and forget.
The only other thing you would need to be wary of is these spot checks Police forces occasionally do (well, at least I know Notts force did as I know someone who fell foul of one a few years back).Chances of that are slim though!!
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

Tags: